Forum Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: Forum Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Unread postby Jordan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:01 am

Sun Fin wrote:If I was to start compiling a list of all Three Kingdom related sources (both online and in hard copy) split in to different sections (ie: Introductions, Overviews, Biographical, Military History, maps) and write a line or 2 about the source in question would others find it helpful? Also would people be willing to suggest and write a line or 2 about sources that I haven't already found/read?

It's a great idea and I'll help you as best as I can with the effort. I posted in your thread but my post was pretty disorganized and stream of consciousness. I think the sources I listed work within your organization structure if you can find the time to organize them.

My suggestion is to open up/broaden the topic a little to maybe also include fictional works (television series, anime, manga, video games, translations of the novel) of the Three Kingdoms in English, possibly separating them in a different section or different post from the historical works.

Could this idea maybe work as something on the main Kongming Archives site or is there already a page there on English sources I'm not aware of?
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks mate, really appreciate your help, I'll edit them in when I've got the time :). I might ask you to write some short reviews (see my one on Keay's book for an example) as I haven't come across any of those before!

I know someone was planning a 3K media page but I can't find it now. I think it would be a great idea but should be different from a history one, partly because I'm not sure I've got the time and the levels of interest to maintain both!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Thanks mate, really appreciate your help, I'll edit them in when I've got the time :). I might ask you to write some short reviews (see my one on Keay's book for an example) as I haven't come across any of those before!

I know someone was planning a 3K media page but I can't find it now. I think it would be a great idea but should be different from a history one, partly because I'm not sure I've got the time and the levels of interest to maintain both!

Yeah just let me know which ones you want summaries on and I'll do my best.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Sun Fin wrote:If I was to start compiling a list of all Three Kingdom related sources (both online and in hard copy) split in to different sections (ie: Introductions, Overviews, Biographical, Military History, maps) and write a line or 2 about the source in question would others find it helpful? Also would people be willing to suggest and write a line or 2 about sources that I haven't already found/read?

Sounds like an excellent idea to me.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Shozuhn » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:25 pm

I saw in you KMA section "Music (mp3)" where you are trying to give access to music from the games. I have a lot of the Warriors Orochi 3 soundtrack downloaded to my computer, if you would like to add that to your selection.
Shozuhn
Initiate

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:33 am

Ok, obvious question alert forthcoming:

Is KMA 'on' any social media sites? Although I loathe social media, it might provide a means to an end, and in turn, promote activity on the board itself.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Forum Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:30 am

We have a Facebook group but it's got less activity than here! Don't know about any other forms of social media. If I'm honest I don't know how effective it would be. If anyone searched anything 3K related the site is the first thing to come up! Unfortunately with Koei's quality going in to decline there is less reason for English speakers to find out about us :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:32 pm

Sun Fin wrote:We have a Facebook group but it's got less activity than here! Don't know about any other forms of social media. If I'm honest I don't know how effective it would be. If anyone searched anything 3K related the site is the first thing to come up! Unfortunately with Koei's quality going in to decline there is less reason for English speakers to find out about us :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything on Twitter? Maybe a Youtube channel with 3K-era media?

Seems to me, there's life in the SOSZ Dynasty yet, if only the right 'conduit' could be found to ignite the interest. There's no way that such a hugely influential period in Chinese history can suddenly become 'unpopular'.
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:23 am

None of that stuff currently exists as far as I'm aware! I guess if someone had the time and passion to run something like them that could really work! :D
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:21 am

Sun Fin wrote:None of that stuff currently exists as far as I'm aware! I guess if someone had the time and passion to run something like them that could really work! :D

Well, I guess it's James's decision, ultimately. It could definitely work, in my opinion.
Mitsunari

PreviousNext

Return to Public Council