Important Announcements Thread

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: Important Announcements Thread

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:41 pm

In line with the above changes to our moderation system, several changes to the actual team have taken place.

The following Moderators have been removed either due to inactivity or by request for personal reasons:

JCC, lessthanpleased, Sam, Sima Hui, Sun Gongli, SYL

The following is a list of current, active global Moderators (including the Administrators, in bold) with access/authority across the whole forum:

Dong Zhou
James
Jonathan
Koichi
Kong Wen
Kristina
Lady Wu
Lion's Mane
Marc
Rhiannon
SunXia
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby James » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Yesterday the forum's database broke rather badly. It was repaired, but then it broke again today. It has again been repaired. Hopefully it stays that way for quite some time to come.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Red Cliff Avatars!

Unread postby James » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:26 pm

A short while ago Zhuanyong sent me a collection of Red Cliff avatars he put together and in my proper fashion, I forgot about them. Oops! I've just uploaded all of them to the forum so everyone can enjoy them. If you want to explore them you can go to your profile, the avatar tab, and click the 'Gallery' button at the bottom of the page.

While I was there I also added:
Destiny of an Emepror
Sanguo Qunying 3
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Re: Red Cliff Avatars!

Unread postby James » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:52 pm

MORE AVATARS!
Zhuanyong has created another set of avatars out of the new 2010 Romance of the Three Kingdoms Television Series (episodes 1-38). I've added all these new avatars to the website gallery so everyone can view and use them. Just click on 'User Control Panel' near the top of the page, then the 'Profile' tab, 'Edit Avatar', click the 'Display Gallery' button and then choose the new avatars from the drop-down menu that will appear. Enjoy!
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Re: Red Cliff Avatars!

Unread postby James » Thu May 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Even More Avatars!
Zhuanyong has released the next installation of 2010 Romance of the Three Kingdoms Television Series (episodes 39–48). I've added all these new avatars to the website gallery so everyone can view and use them. Just click on 'User Control Panel' near the top of the page, then the 'Profile' tab, 'Edit Avatar', click the 'Display Gallery' button and then choose the new avatars from the drop-down menu that will appear. Enjoy!
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby James » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Even More, More Avatars!
I've just uploaded [finally] the latest release in Zhuanyong's series of 2010 RTK Television Series avatars, for episodes 49–64. Click on 'User Control Panel' near the top of the page, then the 'Profile' tab, 'Edit Avatar', click the 'Display Gallery' button and then choose the new avatars from the drop-down menu that will appear. Enjoy!
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat May 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Registration from certain email domains (primarily from China and Russia) has been blocked due to large numbers of spam accounts using those addresses. If you believe you have been affected by this, please contact us and let us know.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby James » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:16 pm

I will probably be attempting a database update at some point today. If everything goes smoothly we should be back before long. If it doesn't, well, we might have a little adventure while we sort out the details. The emergency backup of the database was created about one hour ago.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby James » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:27 pm

Sorry about the downtime today, folks.

Our forum's database is large enough that the upgrade scripts required to update its software ate too much food and got kicked out of the server's buffet. Our software and database should now be up to date. I'll look around to make sure things seem to be working properly, then it is on to restoring the layout and all the other goodies.

And then it is on to some patching and hacking to do more against those annoying bots.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby James » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Even More, More, More Avatars!
I've just uploaded [finally] the final releases of Zhuanyong's series of 2010 RTK Television Series avatars, for episodes 65-80 and 81-96. This completes the series. Click on 'User Control Panel' near the top of the page, then the 'Profile' tab, 'Edit Avatar', click the 'Display Gallery' button and then choose the new avatars from the drop-down menu that will appear. Enjoy!
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Public Council