Rank Information

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: Rank Information

Unread postby Qu Hui » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:59 am

Human5 wrote:I proud to officially announce that Human5 has now become a Master of the Sholars of Shen ZHou

This is not the thread to discuss this sort of thing. In fact, there isn't a thread to discuss this sort of thing, unless you were to include it in a post in the "How Was Your Day?" thread.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:45 am

Human5 wrote:I proud to officially announce that Human5 has now become a Master of the Sholars of Shen ZHou

Ranks are for fun. Please do not ever post just to increase your post count.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Only about 100 post till im finally up in the big leagues. I'll express my excitement by being patient until that time comes. :)
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kristina » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:29 pm

Just forget about it. Your kung foo is very great when you reach a rank unknowingly.
Kristina
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin

Unread postby Sean » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Xia Kyoto wrote:Only about 100 post till im finally up in the big leagues. I'll express my excitement by being patient until that time comes. :)

"Big leagues"?
Dude, rank is just for show. It means jack here. It's about the quality of your posts here, not how many posts you have. Your posts don't magically become special once you hit SoSZ rank.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Sean wrote:
Xia Kyoto wrote:Only about 100 post till im finally up in the big leagues. I'll express my excitement by being patient until that time comes. :)

"Big leagues"?
Dude, rank is just for show. It means jack here. It's about the quality of your posts here, not how many posts you have. Your posts don't magically become special once you hit SoSZ rank.

Dont take me seriously, when i say 'big leagues' it dosent mean i think i hit the lottery. No need to worry, i already know it dosent make a big difference.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sean » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:24 pm

Xia Kyoto wrote:Dont take me seriously, when i say 'big leagues' it dosent mean i think i hit the lottery. No need to worry, i already know it dosent make a big difference.

Alright, just making sure. There's always a couple of stragglers on forums who thinks that "more posts = moar rank plx". :lol:
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Sean wrote:
Xia Kyoto wrote:Dont take me seriously, when i say 'big leagues' it dosent mean i think i hit the lottery. No need to worry, i already know it dosent make a big difference.

Alright, just making sure. There's always a couple of stragglers on forums who thinks that "more posts = moar rank plx". :lol:

Haha im not one of those guys :lol:

Although i used to think everyone got promoted based on their posts. But now i realize its just the post numbers :lol:. So at first i thought the Rank was more significant.
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:26 pm

As much I know that post counts don't matter I was very excited that I made it on to the top page of posters!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:05 am

I fell special that I am now a Scholar of Shen Zhou!!! :D :D :D

Yes. I know it does not matter.
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Public Council