Rank Information

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: Rank Information

Unread postby Striga » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:45 am

I can see that in the game forum, and the laxed pub, but not so much SGYY. The mods or a couple of old members usually cut that out quite quickly.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
User avatar
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:23 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Rank Information

Unread postby Mikhail » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:37 am

The current events threads are intimidating enough for most people with their incredibly long discussions and multi-tiered arguments which would make things like a post padding reply stick out like a sore thumb. Its just not smart trying that in there, especially when there are heated debates occurring.

Ive seen it everywhere else though. The Symposium is no exception. I know of one example of a guy who post padded everywhere with the intent that a higher post count would allow him to become a mod or an admin here. When he realized that it wasn't going to happen, he left and started his own 3K forum.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
User avatar
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven
 
Posts: 2603
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:15 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Rank Information

Unread postby Shen Ai » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Striga wrote:I can see that in the game forum, and the laxed pub, but not so much SGYY. The mods or a couple of old members usually cut that out quite quickly.


I confess, when I learned of the rank system I tried to jack up my numbers... then I realized I had a brain to debate and banter with. So I enjoy that more.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
User avatar
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:21 pm
Location: That Place You've Been Dreaming Of

Re: Rank Information

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Shen Ai wrote:I confess, when I learned of the rank system I tried to jack up my numbers... then I realized I had a brain to debate and banter with. So I enjoy that more.


This place isn't as busy as Koei Warriors is, as I'm a member there too. I've seen you around there even though I don't much if at all. Honestly, I thought you were spam posting since a number of the subforums have last posts by you in threads that are or were virtually inactive. A big post count doesn't get you respect around here, as I believe someone already said or as a few have already said.
Avatar: N/A

[No comment]
User avatar
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: If I told you, would it really matter?

Re: Rank Information

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:
Shen Ai wrote:I confess, when I learned of the rank system I tried to jack up my numbers... then I realized I had a brain to debate and banter with. So I enjoy that more.


This place isn't as busy as Koei Warriors is, as I'm a member there too. I've seen you around there even though I don't much if at all. Honestly, I thought you were spam posting since a number of the subforums have last posts by you in threads that are or were virtually inactive. A big post count doesn't get you respect around here, as I believe someone already said or as a few have already said.


Indeed. Nor would a title.
User avatar
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 4308
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:22 am
Location: US

Re: Rank Information

Unread postby James » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:This place isn't as busy as Koei Warriors is, as I'm a member there too. I've seen you around there even though I don't much if at all. Honestly, I thought you were spam posting since a number of the subforums have last posts by you in threads that are or were virtually inactive. A big post count doesn't get you respect around here, as I believe someone already said or as a few have already said.

Nothing wrong with digging up old threads. :)

Especially given we go against the norm for forums and actually allow necroposting, even sometimes closing 'duplicate topics' in favor of an older, established topic on a given subject.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
User avatar
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish
 
Posts: 17949
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:21 pm
Location: Happy Valley, UT

Re: Rank Information

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:11 pm

James wrote:Nothing wrong with digging up old threads. :)


I wasn't referring to digging up old threads in general. You told me it was fine when I was new around here. :D I'm looking more at things done like people reading a thread whose last post was a year ago and then making a post like:

'Yeah, I agree. Sima Yi sucked!'

I've dug up slightly older threads a few times, but I dislike making pointless posts in threads that had some actual substance. I also dislike seeing it done. I end up thinking I'm about to read something worthy of reading only to be disappointed...
Avatar: N/A

[No comment]
User avatar
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: If I told you, would it really matter?

Re: Rank Information

Unread postby Shen Ai » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:
Shen Ai wrote:I confess, when I learned of the rank system I tried to jack up my numbers... then I realized I had a brain to debate and banter with. So I enjoy that more.


This place isn't as busy as Koei Warriors is, as I'm a member there too. I've seen you around there even though I don't much if at all. Honestly, I thought you were spam posting since a number of the subforums have last posts by you in threads that are or were virtually inactive. A big post count doesn't get you respect around here, as I believe someone already said or as a few have already said.

Koei Warriors? I made an account but I never really participated.

I can see why you might think I am a spammer, but really I just have a lot of free time and spend some coasting through old forums and reading stuff. Some debates are interesting and I wonder what people would say if they looked at it again, so I add a little comment with my view in it hoping it will turn into more.


I actually like Sima Yi so I don't know if you are quoting me.

And about the big post... thats what she said.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
User avatar
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:21 pm
Location: That Place You've Been Dreaming Of

Re: Rank Information

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:04 pm

Shen Ai wrote:Koei Warriors? I made an account but I never really participated.

I can see why you might think I am a spammer, but really I just have a lot of free time and spend some coasting through old forums and reading stuff. Some debates are interesting and I wonder what people would say if they looked at it again, so I add a little comment with my view in it hoping it will turn into more.

I actually like Sima Yi so I don't know if you are quoting me.

And about the big post... thats what she said.


If you are 'Shen Ai' there, then I did see you logged in a number of times (perhaps being idle). I have a tendency of remembering names that stand out to me.

That's fine.

I was making up a quote of something similar to posts I've seen made throughout my time here. It wasn't aimed at you.

A number of tenured members have said that to newer members over the past year from my experience. I just thought I read it again and made mention of it.
Avatar: N/A

[No comment]
User avatar
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: If I told you, would it really matter?

Re: Rank Information

Unread postby Shen Ai » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 pm

You know, the joke, Thats what she said?

Koei warriors, eh? Well I am glad that my name stuck out to you. Or maybe I shouldn't be?
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
User avatar
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:21 pm
Location: That Place You've Been Dreaming Of

PreviousNext

Return to Public Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved