Rank Information

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: Rank Information

Unread postby Striga » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:35 am

You do realize the Eunuchs get castrated right? Can't there be something after Scholar of Shen Zhou in which we can insert our own title?
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kristina » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:46 am

As far as I know, there is no current way to allow members to choose and update their own title. This means that it would be the mods and admins changing these. Or, it would mean that James would have to make tweaks, and I think we take up enough of his time as it is, haha. His family, I'm sure, would like some of his time.

Trust me, the title thing gets old quickly. I couldn't even think of what I would have mine as, at first. I haven't had it changed since.
Kristina
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin

Unread postby Striga » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:53 am

I can't really think of one either, but many of the newcomers and a few of the old timers really seem to want this personal ranking, and it would be the same as the location thing, just fill it in once you're over X posts.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:32 am

The problem with it being a post thing is that people will just spam, write pointless posts like 'I agree' just to get there quicker. I know cos I would have done the same thing a few years ago.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Striga wrote:You do realize the Eunuchs get castrated right? Can't there be something after Scholar of Shen Zhou in which we can insert our own title?

Of course I know Eunuchs are castrated men. But I was a fan of the Ten Attendants.

They could change that, but the chances of getting a title is slim. They don't really hand out the best scholar of the month prize anymore.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:11 pm

I don't spend much time outside Current Affairs and the Philosophy section, so yall would know better, but I'm not sure with our membership we'd have such a worry with spammers.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kristina » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Most newbie posters aren't seasoned forum vets. This was my first forum, and I'll admit to some post inflation!

And again, there's nothing in the current system to allow for a user-based title change. James would have to alter the site in order to do so. I don't even think mods can change titles, although I've never tried.
Kristina

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:47 pm

If its like the forum I use to run then only Admin's can change titles.

Yeah I did the same as Kristina.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:18 pm

I guess that just hasn't been my experience here. Again my experience here is much more limited in scope than yalls two, relegated to Current Affairs and the like, but I rarely see posts which (to me) smack of 'i want bigger numbers!'.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Shikanosuke wrote:I guess that just hasn't been my experience here. Again my experience here is much more limited in scope than yalls two, relegated to Current Affairs and the like, but I rarely see posts which (to me) smack of 'i want bigger numbers!'.

Yeah, I've rarely seen that in Current Affairs.

We do have members coming along from time to time who want to drive up their post counts in order to work through the ranks (or for some other reason I haven't conceived of). It typically happens in The Pub, the Dynast Warriors forum, and on occasion some of the others. Oddly enough, the SGYYS has seen a fair share of it.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Public Council