Communication Fields

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Communication Fields

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:36 pm

It occurred to me earlier that the forum still has such outdated fields such as people's MSN and AOL addresses. I wondered if it might be possible to replace them with more relevant ones such as discord or PSN name? I have no idea how much work this would be and I know you're really busy at the moment James so no rush for reply!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Communication Fields

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:17 am

I never even had AOL but MSN yeah but not anymore, bad experiences were had because of that thing. FB is starting to annoy me, keep getting notifications about random middle eastern people, probably bots "wants to connect with you" ugh and i have my profile on private so its annoying me.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:35 pm

It's certainly possible, Suns.

I'd like to use this thread for the next few days to collect info and suggestions on what fields people think should be added to profiles. What would be the most common/useful ones to list, what would people actually want to put there, etc.?
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:39 pm

Thanks Kong Wen, good idea!

I'd happily have my Discord and my PSN details as I only have SoSZ member's on them. The only other form of social media I have is Facebook. Whilst I'm friends with a lot of scholars on there I don't think I'd want it on my SoSZ profile as I only add people I've had significant contact with. I don't know what others think though?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Public Council