WELCOME TO OUR NEW SERVER!

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

WELCOME TO OUR NEW SERVER!

Unread postby James » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:42 pm

Hello everyone!

If you are seeing this message, it means you are now enjoying what should be exactly the same Scholars of Shen Zhou on our new server. Well, perhaps not exactly the same. Some of you have run into timeouts and other connection issues, as well as slowdowns, over the months, so hopefully those sort of problems are in our past for the time being.

A lot can go wrong during a server migration and I've had a look around to verify that everything seems to be working smoothly. Please feel free to look around as well, and do let me know if anything seems to be broken or otherwise misbehaving. I would like to know about any problems that may have cropped up as soon as possible as, for a short time, the forum will be up and running on two servers, and if something has gone terribly wrong, I can still abort to the previous server to try again.

But so far everything does look good!

Enjoy. :)

James
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Re: WELCOME TO OUR NEW SERVER!

Unread postby James » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Also, wow... everything is so much faster for me on my end here...
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby James » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:46 pm

And by the way, TigerTally, thank you for your kind words on the previous server before the migration was completed. Scholars of Shen Zhou and Kongming's Archives will always occupy a warm, fuzzy spot in my heart. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby XuSheng » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:55 am

Awesome! We can really feel the speed difference.

Thanks James, Scholars of Shen Zhou and Kongming's Archives gave so much to my knowledge.
I like to kill people in my dreams, so when I fall asleep be sure not to come too close.
XuSheng
Assistant

Unread postby TigerTally » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:18 am

James wrote:And by the way, TigerTally, thank you for your kind words on the previous server before the migration was completed. Scholars of Shen Zhou and Kongming's Archives will always occupy a warm, fuzzy spot in my heart. :)

Does that mean my line is the only one that got deleted? LOL :lol:
TigerTally
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zorkaz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Thanks, the speed is better now :)
Zorkaz
Assistant

Unread postby DragonAtma » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:37 pm

The speed is good, but... but... you depopulated Wudu and Yinping! :shock:
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TigerTally » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:58 pm

DragonAtma wrote:The speed is good, but... but... you depopulated Wudu and Yinping! :shock:

Is that a reference to the aftermath of the Hanzhong campaign? I still don't get why it fits in here though :? ... or are we barbarians?
TigerTally
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:24 pm

XuSheng wrote:Awesome! We can really feel the speed difference.

Thanks James, Scholars of Shen Zhou and Kongming's Archives gave so much to my knowledge.

You're welcome. I'm glad these sites have served you well. :)

TigerTally wrote:Does that mean my line is the only one that got deleted? LOL :lol:

Well... I deleted the previous announcement, and thought about your reply afterward. So it actually did make it over to the new server, but it was fed to the void anyway. :pika:

Zorkaz wrote:Thanks, the speed is better now :)

I'm really thrilled about this. I didn't realize how much more speed we could get out of the forum until after the migration. And best yet, the speed seems to be holding up dependably.

DragonAtma wrote:The speed is good, but... but... you depopulated Wudu and Yinping! :shock:

Can you elaborate? I'm confused!
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby TigerTally » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:03 pm

http://the-archlich.tumblr.com/post/76241724588

Cao Cao made some northwestern barbarians to immigrate into central China after his failure at Hanzhong, to prevent them from joining Liu Bei. The results are the depopulation of Wudu and Yinping commanderies.
TigerTally
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Public Council