WELCOME TO OUR NEW SERVER!

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: WELCOME TO OUR NEW SERVER!

Unread postby James » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:34 pm

I contacted the support staff and I gather they were spending some time in recent history working on latency issues in the server, which would be consistent with what I saw in the error logs. According to them it is supposed to be largely resolved and they're just doing cleanup now.

Please let me know, anyone, if the issue resurfaces.

#3598 - GRID Service Interruption
Monitoring - At this time, web and email services for GRID customers have stabilized. (mt) Engineers will continue to monitor the incident however we do not anticipate any further service interruptions moving forward.

If any issues persist, please feel free to send in a support request or contact our live chat support via the AccountCenter.
Apr 14, 09:55 PDT
Identified - (mt) Engineers continue to work on resolving the web and email accessibility issues for GRID customers. We have already made several updates to our infrastructure and have seen some improvement. We will continue investigating this issue until a full resolution is met.

As more information is made available, further updates will be made to this status page.
Apr 14, 09:29 PDT
Investigating - (mt) Engineers are currently working on an issue affecting web and email accessibility for customers across the GRID.

We are actively working on getting this issue resolved as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused, and we appreciate your patience while we work quickly to resolve this issue.
Apr 14, 07:07 PDT
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:14 pm

Here's a new one for you James.

This morning, I clicked the Logout [ Kong Wen ] link in the top right and instead of logging me out, I got the attached error. I closed the tab and navigated back to the page and I was still logged in.

I clicked logout immediately after clicking "mark all read" so maybe it was still in the process of updating something and there was a conflict.
Attachments
snippedsosz.jpg
snippedsosz.jpg (33.1 KiB) Viewed 11969 times
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby James » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Wow, that's an unexpected error. We don't even use a security certificate in logout. Maybe they were tweaking things after Heartbleed, though MediaTemple already announced that the service we yes wasn't affected.

I'll look into it.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:14 pm

I regularly get that message when I leave SoSZ on the 'who's online page' and its refreshed itself a few times.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:41 pm

Interesting. Taking a closer look, it *is* trying to create a secure connection with an SSL certificate it probably does not have. At least that gives me a place to start.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Warrior673 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Greetings to all! I figured it was time to stop trolling through all of the ROTK postings and get on board. I'm not too late, I hope. My messenger was on a starved horse and only just arrived.
In times of peace, beware of danger.
Warrior673
Tyro

Unread postby James » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:51 am

Warrior673 wrote:Greetings to all! I figured it was time to stop trolling through all of the ROTK postings and get on board. I'm not too late, I hope. My messenger was on a starved horse and only just arrived.

Certainly not too late!

Welcome to Scholars of Shen Zhou. Or rather, welcome to having an account at Scholars of Shen Zhou. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri May 16, 2014 4:10 am

the server is very slow, sometimes it takes forever to post a message

sometimes it may even hang.

PLEASEEEEEEEEEE, do rectify the problem
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Mon May 19, 2014 7:13 pm

foosoomin wrote:PLEASEEEEEEEEEE, do rectify the problem

Is it *always* slow for you?

Because if it is, I'm not sure what to tell you.

It could help to know your location and ISP.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Previous

Return to Public Council