Strict

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: Strict

Unread postby SunXia » Sun May 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Our thread are for proper discussion and debates Memes and other such internet spew do not answer any questions!! Your "Just kidding" video answered nothing in the TWO threads you poisoned with it!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Korin » Sun May 05, 2013 4:22 pm

Caption answers the post in question like 'wat' is what, or I am just kidding means I am just kidding, right? Don't take so seriously. LOL

Why can't I use reddit stuff on here? I am too lazy to read all the rules so just show me the rules that say you can't use stuff and I hate people who are grammar nazis because sometimes people cant use proper grammar so that scares away people LOL
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sun May 05, 2013 4:23 pm

If you are too lazy to read them that is your own flaw!! You will still be held accountable to them!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Korin » Sun May 05, 2013 4:24 pm

It's just I gave up on it when I saw U cant use stuff lyk dis. lol
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Sun May 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Korin wrote:Caption answers the post in question like 'wat' is what, or I am just kidding means I am just kidding, right? Don't take so seriously. LOL

No.

Why can't I use reddit stuff on here?

This is not reddit.

I am too lazy to read all the rules so just show me the rules that say you can't use stuff

Third post in the forum rules post. No Spam. But if you can't be bothered to even read forum rules or follow forum etiquette you really just shouldn't be here.

and I hate people who are grammar nazis because sometimes people cant use proper grammar so that scares away people LOL

No one has been a grammar nazi with you. So this comment was pointless.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Korin » Sun May 05, 2013 4:27 pm

Somebody should change the rules to add stuff about Memes and youtube 10 second videos.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun May 05, 2013 5:48 pm

We do have higher expectations than many places on the internet in terms of the stuff we post and how we post it, and we outline these expectations in the forum rules. When you join a new community, either online or in real life, it is your responsibility to find the rules, read them, and abide by them; it is also advisable to observe the established members and the on-going discussions to get a feel for the general tone and behaviour in the forum.

There are places where typing like a 13-year-old AOLer (is that even a thing anymore?) or posting whatever comes to your mind is accepted. Not so on SoSZ, and that should be apparent if you had taken the effort to observe the way other members participate on the forum. Our moderation team is generally lenient and willing to explain forum rules to new members, but there are only so many times we can do this, and we're not going to change the forum rules to accommodate one member's preferences.

Korin, I'm sorry if SoSZ isn't the kind of forum you're used to. However, ultimately it is your own responsibility to check out the forum rules and decide if it's worth your while to try to fit in and contribute positively.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Korin » Sun May 05, 2013 5:53 pm

I am just on a lot of forums that allow gifs and memes so It's hard to not use them here. I will probably read the rules eventually.
But not atm.

There should be very simple rules like a TL;DR version.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun May 05, 2013 6:05 pm

Korin wrote:I am just on a lot of forums that allow gifs and memes so It's hard to not use them here. I will probably read the rules eventually.
But not atm.

There should be very simple rules like a TL;DR version.

The forum rules are not hard to read, and it really is your responsibility to read them first. If you are too lazy to, at least take the effort to ask what's appropriate and what's not, and to err on the conservative/careful side when participating and interacting with other members on the forum.

When you get a new job, it's your duty to read the employee's handbook or the regulations of the company.

When you go to college, it's your duty to read the code of conduct as laid out by your college.

When you move to a new city, it's your duty to find out about city bylaws, what you can and can't do.

Accepting and acting on this responsibility is what sets adult behaviour apart from childish behaviour.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Korin » Sun May 05, 2013 6:10 pm

The rules are too hard to read, I need simple verison and I got turned away from them because youz have to uze proper grammar just to be on herez iight Rofl
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Public Council