Strict

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: Strict

Unread postby Sean » Sun May 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Korin, you clearly understand English and are capable of typing coherent posts. Why all the acronyms and "Internet slang"?
Why not be like the rest of us, engaging in civilized discussions and having a good time?
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Korin » Sun May 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Just lock this thread .
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Sun May 05, 2013 6:50 pm

Korin wrote: I can use ROFLMFAO LOOL LULZ if u use !! a lot,

No, no you can't. You seem to think you can make up your own social worlds.

I am asking if people who say grammar is everywhere is grammar nazi.

I don't know what 'grammar is everywhere' means.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun May 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Korin, as I pointed out various times already, not everywhere on the internet is the same. Each community has its standards, rules, and expectations. It's up to you to find out what they are and abide by them. Making an effort to make your posts intelligible (proper spelling and grammar, not using shorthands or memes that could be easily misunderstood) is basic etiquette and respect.

I'm not locking this thread but please understand that if you are unwilling to follow the basic forum rules, there's no point in saying anything more.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Korin » Sun May 05, 2013 6:55 pm

Saying the internet is all the same, is like saying all real life is the same. Each has their own slang, but it's hard to act DIFFERENT EVERYWHERE since I AM used to being same person on everywhere I go from reddit to Something awful to youtube to facebook to the scholars to gtaforums to 4chan to worldstarhiphop to rapradar to hotnewhiphop to memebase to knowyourmeme to various meme sites, to gif sites, to Infinity. TOO MUCH TO say, and some of those sites are free for alls, and some are 'nice' ROFL

everything not everywhere, they act like big shots and cuss out the people who cant spell right
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Sun May 05, 2013 7:05 pm

Korin wrote:Saying the internet is all the same, is like saying all real life is the same. Each has their own slang, but it's hard to act DIFFERENT EVERYWHERE since I AM used to being same person on everywhere I go from reddit to Something awful to youtube to facebook to the scholars to gtaforums to 4chan to worldstarhiphop to rapradar to hotnewhiphop to memebase to knowyourmeme to various meme sites, to gif sites, to Infinity. TOO MUCH TO say, and some of those sites are free for alls, and some are 'nice' ROFL

everything not everywhere, they act like big shots and cuss out the people who cant spell right

Cool. Simple lesson, this forum is not all those others places. Learn the rules, adapt, and move on.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Public Council