Strict

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: Strict

Unread postby Sean » Sun May 05, 2013 6:13 pm

Korin wrote:The rules are too hard to read, I need simple verison and I got turned away from them because youz have to uze proper grammar just to be on herez iight Rofl

What a troll. xD
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Sun May 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Korin wrote:The rules are too hard to read, I need simple verison and I got turned away from them because youz have to uze proper grammar just to be on herez iight Rofl

Then I suggest seeking a tutor for some remedial reading comprehension.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun May 05, 2013 6:23 pm

It's true, we do ask for proper grammar on this site.

If that's not to your liking I'm sure you can find plenty of other places where not using proper spelling and grammar is acceptable.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Korin » Sun May 05, 2013 6:27 pm

What happens if somebody cant speak english good, do you alienate them? And when I was younger, I used to misspell words a lot, I use then instead of than in certain posts, and I misspelled several words wrong, and I didn't what a couple of things meant, I thought it meant several instead of just two.

I do use proper grammar but I am a fast typer so I make several grammar mistakes without proof reading. But I iike to LULZ some postz once n' a whule.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Sun May 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Korin wrote:What happens if somebody cant speak english good, do you alienate them? And when I was younger, I used to misspell words a lot, I use then instead of than in certain posts, and I misspelled several words wrong, and I didn't what a couple of things meant, I thought it meant several instead of just two.

I do use proper grammar but I am a fast typer so I make several grammar mistakes without proof reading. But I iike to LULZ some postz once n' a whule.

No one attacks you on this forum for an accidental grammatical mistake. But intentional trash grammar is frowned upon, as it should be everywhere.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun May 05, 2013 6:34 pm

Shikanosuke is right; it's about intention and effort.

There are many members here whose first language isn't English. That's fine, because they are making a real effort to make themselves understood and communicate with other members here.

However, there is no excuse for using bad English intentionally, as it impedes understanding and communication. It's like telling people "I don't respect you enough to bother writing in a way that you can understand." If you're a fast but inaccurate typer, perhaps slow down and double check your posts before submitting them. This is called basic etiquette.

I don't think much else needs to be said on the topic.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Korin » Sun May 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Is Shika a grammar nazi, tho? Who cares if people dont use that grammar everywhere, it's the freaking internet lol get used to it. AND PLEASE dodnt delete my posts.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sun May 05, 2013 6:41 pm

If you continue to throw insults I will give you the final warning that will lead to your ban!! Insulting people is decent etiquette!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Korin » Sun May 05, 2013 6:43 pm

How is that insulting, and please when you say that stuff that is serious, Don't use !! a lot lol. BTW I am not insulting, I can use ROFLMFAO LOOL LULZ if u use !! a lot, and please dont ban, Im not breaking the rules anymore, I am asking if people who say grammar is everywhere is grammar nazi.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sun May 05, 2013 6:48 pm

No you called him a Grammar Nazi, at this point you are being deliberately obtuse so I done trying to help you and warn any rule violations from here on out!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

PreviousNext

Return to Public Council