Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Scholars of Shen Zhou!

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Scholars of Shen Zhou!

Unread postby James » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:52 pm

Yep! Hard to believe, but this forum has been online, now, for ten years.

On June 14, 2002, at 8:21 AM this account was created as this forum went online. Less than 20 minutes later it was set up and we were welcoming our first members (and introducing ourselves around the Three Kingdoms community). Shortly afterward, fine fellows (and other folks like the forever-secretive 'Mindless Minion') joined up with us.

Our humble little forum grew into a small community before long and ever since I've had the first online forum where I actually felt like I enjoyed conversing with the members and welcome. Our hope was to create a forum where nearly everyone could feel that way. One memory that stands out was a discussion of how long internet forums tend to last. The consensus was that if Scholars of Shen Zhou could stick around for two years it could be considered a great success. At the time there were already two successful Romance of the Three Kingdoms forums with a dedicated membership.

And now the forum's been around long enough to document a bite of many of our adult lives.

Perhaps sometimes embarrassingly so?

In any case, thank you, everyone, for your membership, and for being the heart of what has made this community worth returning to, and keeping online, for all this time. :pika:
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Re: Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Scholars of Shen Zhou!

Unread postby Yang Dayang » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:01 pm

This is freaky, but I know a forum celebrating their 7th anniversary soon, and another win their 5th O.o

Still, this site has always been the #1 3K source for me and many people I know. Feel great to see it alive and kickin' for 10 years and still keeping it's class.

All hail James! (My Weist side refuses to say Zhuge Liang there)
Yang Dayang
Changshi

Unread postby Man Chong » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Oh my god, I forgot this site even existed. I feel old.
Man Chong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Yang Dayang wrote:(My Weist side refuses to say Zhuge Liang there)

Wow... that reminds me. I think my username was 'Zhuge Kongming' back in the old days of this forum to go along with the whole Kongming’s Archives theme. It's been long enough now that even in remembering that I'm not sure.

Man Chong wrote:Oh my god, I forgot this site even existed. I feel old.

You and me both.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Catalyst » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Well o-ho-ho! Congrats to you, SoSZ, for making it 10 years! I may not be on here at all anymore, but it's good to see a forum that I still find myself mentioning from time to time is still chugging along.

Cheers, boys and girls!
Catalyst
Apostle of Peace

Unread postby Tianshan Zi » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:19 pm

I received James' anniversary message in my inbox today and thought I'd drop in and say hello to old friends, fellow amateur scholars, and all Three Kingdoms enthusiasts. I should not be such a stranger to the site; it has always been a great one. Cheers and all that! :D
Tianshan Zi
Headless Thompson Gunner

Unread postby Ts'ao Jian » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Wow, has it really been around that long? I remember finding this for the first time as a sophomore in high school. *glances at profile* Dear lord, back in 2003... I hadn't realized it had been so long!

Anyways, happy birthday, SoSZ! I'm glad things are still moving along swimmingly (although I just pop on randomly here). And hello to anyone who remembers me ;)
Now heroes are men who cherish lofty designs in their bosoms and have plans to achieve them; they have all-embracing schemes, and the whole world is at their mercy. -Ts'ao Ts'ao

Hell is other people. -Tagline of No Exit
Ts'ao Jian
Langzhong

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:25 pm

This is fantastic!! I still love this place!! Nothing like clicking on Sausage to find out what's happening!! I used to be a teen here now I'm so old it's awful!!

Ten years!! Way to outlast so many sites!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Zhang Lu » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Congratulations on 10 years :)
Zhang Lu
Apprentice

Unread postby Phoenix » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Wow, it's been so long since I've been around here. Congrats on 10 years.
"Stay hungry, experience all that you can, push your horizons out as far as you can get them."

Youtube Channel
Phoenix
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Public Council