Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Scholars of Shen Zhou!

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Scholars of Shen Zhou!

Unread postby Equinox » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Congratulations to James and everybody at SoSZ, on 10 years online! Thank you for being the number one English resource on the 3K period for us of limited Chinese skills, and my sincere thanks to everybody who has played a part in making this community what it has been over the years. 10 years is nothing to scoff at, and it wouldn't have been possible without your hard work and dedication. I'll never forget the genuine excitement and entertainment that this website has given me since initially signing up as a bored college student looking to improve my Dynasty Warriors game. Even though I haven't been around in a long time, I just wanted to thank everybody for the good times, and to pay my respects for all the hours of entertainment, learning, and kinship that I have gotten from this community.

Ganbei! Three cheers for familiar faces from the past, folks keeping the community going in the present, as well as those to come!
Equinox
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mei Zhen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:11 am

Happy birthday SoSZ! Just dropping by to say hi and to thank everybody for maintaining this great website and forum. I'll never forget the countless hours spent swapping strategies, learning, debating, and socializing with you all! Thanks for the wonderful memories, and happy 10 years to James and co for keeping it going after all this time. I miss you guys, and I hope everything is going well!
"In a modern culture
My friend you must be careful
They've a million ways to kill you

In this dangerous world
There’s an art to growing old
Taking chances
Magic happens"
- Garbage, Breaking Up the Girl
Mei Zhen
Lost in Quotation

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:10 am

Popping in to say happy 10 years!

Glad to have been here for 7 of them... on and off
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Glad to see you guys, Equinox, Mei Zhen, and Baiko!

Thanks for being a part of our good memories. :)
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Starscream » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Belated congratulations from me! 10 years is quite an achievement for an online forum. When it first started, we used AOL, ICQ to chat..... oh my... :shock:
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Iain » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:52 am

Happy tenth James, you provided a great place for information and people to debate about the rich characters in the 3k books as well as the history behind said characters. I learned alot here and although I disappeared for a time I never forgot how much this place helped me with questions or even a pleasant read on a stormy night.

I was happy to spend much time debating, discussing and even working here this site is truly a landmark and its dedication from members still to this day a triumph, new computer now and I once again bookmarked whats still the greatest site I am honored to be a member of. Here's to ten plus more years. ^^
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Unread postby Sang » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:50 pm

I know this is kind of late but happy 10th year anniversary, Scholars of Shen Zhou! Thank you James for posting this wonderful website online for people like myself to learn the real history of RTK. :D
Gao Shun & Cheng Lian, you have my prayers!

Sun Tzu: “Knows thy enemy, knows thyself and victory is never in doubt, not in a hundred battles.”

Sun Tzu: “A vanquished state cannot be revived; the dead cannot be brought back to life.”
Sang
Changshi

Unread postby Shamoke » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:35 am

WOW i've been here this long and only have like 25 posts?! Shame on ME! But definitely,I come here often to get gaming advice/read what others have to say on the novel... this is the BEST forum on the internet and I'm very thankful for it, in the future I'll do my best to contribute more as one of the more "senior" members of Scholars of Shen Zhou :lol: 10 years fly by! Here's to another great decade!
Keep your eye simple , Learn from the able and wise. It is the course of Wisdom !
Shamoke
Apprentice

Unread postby mattthecox » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi everybody its my first post,happy anniversary to all.I played dynasty warriors for about ten years,Ive read the books and I own a copy of the older tv show ,watch it all the time.generally a huge fan of asian art,and philosophy.hope to have some good discussions on this forum in the future.
mattthecox
Tyro

Unread postby gaz5021 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:03 am

didier wrote:Hmm, which in the series do you play now?

And now I've just bought an NTSC PS2 and I'm going to introduce myself to the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series! I just bought number 7. The saga continues...
gaz5021
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Public Council