Tapatalk support?

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: Tapatalk support?

Unread postby GanNing77 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Still hoping for this. No other Tapatalk users out there?
GanNing77
Initiate

Unread postby James » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:51 pm

I've just enabled Tapatalk support for Scholars of Shen Zhou. Let me know what you think.

I'm not completely sold on this yet. I've read a little bit about security concerns in the past along with potential privacy concerns so I'm going to continue looking into that (doesn't sound like anything which would be a problem for individual users, though). I would also prefer that a feature like this be useful to multiple forum members as it does add one more thing to maintain in terms of security and site updates.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Tapatalk support?

Unread postby Lady Chen » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:36 am

I'm posting this from my phone. Thanks James for giving this a try!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Sima Yi is my archnemesis.
Lady Chen
Assistant

Unread postby GanNing77 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 am

James wrote:I've just enabled Tapatalk support for Scholars of Shen Zhou. Let me know what you think.

I'm not completely sold on this yet. I've read a little bit about security concerns in the past along with potential privacy concerns so I'm going to continue looking into that (doesn't sound like anything which would be a problem for individual users, though). I would also prefer that a feature like this be useful to multiple forum members as it does add one more thing to maintain in terms of security and site updates.

Thanks so much James!!! I'll be a more frequent visitor! and my productivity with the rest of my life is about to take a huge hit!
GanNing77
Initiate

Tapatalk support?

Unread postby James » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:12 am

So I'm replying with Tapatalk right now. The iPhone app is actually pretty smooth. I think it's a little bit of a bummer that they charge for it but I suppose they need to monetize it somewhere and advertisements would be a bummer.

I found a few other forums I like on Tapatalk as well but I suppose that is to be expected as they are technology forums (fun way to browse—I wonder if it might actually find us some new members).

And just because I apparently can:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339560750.446184.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339560750.446184.jpg (51.68 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Previous

Return to Public Council