IMPORTANT: Account Security Announcement

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: IMPORTANT: Account Security Announcement

Unread postby TooMuchBaijiu » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Damn right. I only use it because Mom bought it and when I moved out I kept the subscription. Well, James, you know your computers, what do you use?
I don't write fanfic, but if I did it would involve Zhou Yu and Zheng He fighting to win the heart of Lai Choi San. Then I'd make them join forces to fight Ming the Merciless, who secretly works for Master Li. I'd squeeze Lu Bu in there somehow.
TooMuchBaijiu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: IMPORTANT: Account Security Announcement

Unread postby James » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:37 pm

TooMuchBaijiu wrote:Damn right. I only use it because Mom bought it and when I moved out I kept the subscription. Well, James, you know your computers, what do you use?

There was a time when I fixed about thirty computers a day and knew all of those programs inside and out, but several years have passed and my knowledge is slowly becoming dated. Back then, I depended on Nod32 (paid). I can only assume it is still awesome and I still see it recommended frequently. I know Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does a fantastic job of removing many nasty programs (free), and it might be a worthwhile tool for real-time protection (paid). I know many computer professionals depend on it but we aren't always the best source: many under-protect their computers depending on their knowledge to see them through. Sometimes that backfires.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Previous

Return to Public Council