Forum Broke—is it fixed?

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Forum Broke—is it fixed?

Unread postby James » Fri May 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi everyone,

We had a problem earlier where the database crashed and it took me a day or so to get it 'fixed'. I'm in Las Vegas right now, on vacation, so it has been a little interesting. Is it actually fixed, though? I can see that the most serious error—the one that prevented participation—is gone. But is everything else working properly?

James
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Re: Forum Broke—is it fixed?

Unread postby Mikhail » Fri May 28, 2010 5:49 pm

I haven't seen anything wrong with it in the last 18-20 hours or so. I remember something was preventing me from seeing posts, but that disappeared yesterday.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat May 29, 2010 2:41 am

Clearly the problem arose because James went to Las Vegas.

No more Vegas holidays for you, James! Bad James!
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sat May 29, 2010 4:34 am

When you accrue gambling debts, they break your knees.
When you accrue online gambling debts, they break your forum...
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun May 30, 2010 2:03 pm

Only thing I noticed was that we could no longer look or post in threads. Clearly thats not a problem now otherwise I wouldn't be replying...
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Sun May 30, 2010 10:17 pm

James wrote:But is everything else working properly?

I only got an sql error thingy at the same time Shritzu was having the problem and he reported it, but now everything is working fine as far as I can tell.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Hmm, has anyone else experienced slow-loading pages and error messages recently?

It happens sporadically; first I had the laboured loading times, then a bizarre DNS change error message after more slow loading pages a few days later, and today, this:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

This occurred twice in the space of a few minutes, amidst really laboured loading times.

Also, whilst browsing some older pages of the Computer Assistance thread in Foreign Kingdoms, my Avast security suite sprang into life and thought there were 'malicious items' on the page? They seemed to be originating from either off-site avatars or image links. Odd. :?
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Yeah non-stop, it's why I've been less active then normal-it's been driving me crazy!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Huh. Is anyone else encountering this? Is it happening frequently through the day?
Also, how long has it been happening?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:32 pm

2, 3 days?

Yeah, I come on, it'll be really slow and then it will just not work completely. I'll come back in a few minutes later and it's back to working, but very slowly again but a few minutes than it'll go again.

That said it's working perfectly at the moment.
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Public Council