Forum Layout: Feedback and Troubleshooting

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: Scholars of Shen Zhou, New Layout, phpBB 3.0 [Updated]

Unread postby James » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:16 pm

Ranbir wrote:I think it is beautiful. Far more than what simrtk got given. Blessings be counted.

SimRTK will be getting love. They'll have their own pastel easter crap to enjoy.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:46 pm

Other the last few weeks I've come to love the new lay out and I actually prefer it other the old one. Well done James.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:10 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! Things are different now! :shock: I guess this is what I get for being inactive for so long...

I don't mean any offense, James. The new layout is very prettiful. It's just... shocking.

And I have to ask: what does adding Foes do? I mean, Friends I can guess at, but...
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby James » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:55 am

I've heard everything you can imagine about the layout. :)

Adding foes produces an error!
(I disabled that feature—it used to allow you to ignore another member).
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lu Kang » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:48 pm

I just realized that you can search your searches. This is awesome :D . Finding stuff that a user posted years ago is much easier to find!
无口为天,有口为吴,君临万邦,天子之都
Historical Post
Lu Kang
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:22 pm

You mean it is now possible to find? :lol:
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:15 am

First off:
I love this new Spoiler feature! It's much better than switching the font color and hoping people don't look too close! :P

Would it be possible for the "Last Post" sections on the forum index page to also name the subject the last post was made in? I believe the old set-up did that and it would be very convenient.
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Re: Forum Layout: Feedback and Troubleshooting

Unread postby Ratzalot » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:14 pm

I've noticed a problem with the "Last visited" statistic on member profiles. I see members posting messages but their "Last visited" doesn't update. I'm seeing a lot that are 1-2 weeks off or more. It looks like this was completly disabled for Mods/Admin. It's just a bit strange to see members who log in daily, yet the board says the last time they were logged in was some time in July.
Currently Playing:
Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (PS2 - English)
Ratzalot
Master

Unread postby Human5 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Ratzalot wrote:I've noticed a problem with the "Last visited" statistic on member profiles. I see members posting messages but their "Last visited" doesn't update. I'm seeing a lot that are 1-2 weeks off or more. It looks like this was completly disabled for Mods/Admin. It's just a bit strange to see members who log in daily, yet the board says the last time they were logged in was some time in July.

Yeah, I notice this too, but I believe this is rather the problem of this kind of forum, which cannot be fixed by a mod or admin. If you look at the bottom of this forum page, you will see that it is powered by phpBB.

EDIT: Nevermind the crossed out words. Sun Fin is probably right.
Last edited by Human5 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Ratzalot wrote:I've noticed a problem with the "Last visited" statistic on member profiles. I see members posting messages but their "Last visited" doesn't update. I'm seeing a lot that are 1-2 weeks off or more. It looks like this was completly disabled for Mods/Admin. It's just a bit strange to see members who log in daily, yet the board says the last time they were logged in was some time in July.

Its because some of us don't log out and so our last visited stat is from when the last time we were logged out and had to manually log in!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Public Council