Dynasty Warriors 3 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby Shadowlink » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:56 pm

What storyline is there in the legend modeo f dw3 XL? what is the story about can you tell me?
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Foif » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:41 am

Are you talking about Musuo mode? I dont remember a legend mode... But the musuo mode is just the musou mode of the "other" officers (ex. Lu Bu, Dong Zhuo etc.)
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:40 pm

DW3 and XL are much better then any of the DW5 games!

I have played and completed every DW/SW game to the maximum, except Musou Orochi because I have yet to see its release.
So I always make sure I get my money's worth! :D

By far the most fun and challenge I had was with the combination of the two. As difficult games are much more fun then easy games after all, right??

Here are the main pointers IMO:
1. More troops to defeat!
2. Arrows were very strong!
3. Lu Bu was the best playable character(not in terms of him being my favourite) and the hardest to fight. In the latest one's he is a wimp!
4. True musou's were actually very good. Overall, musou's were used more often because of the difficulty and mass troops that were constantly on your tail!
5. Very good cutscenes and funny voice acting at times!
6. Very hard 4/5th's to achieve, plus the special items of which add to the replay value!
7. I liked the mood of the colour of which made me somewhat feel awkward when I purchased DW4!
8. The AI was very agressive!

There are more great points about the game, but those are the more standing out one's.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Dante666 » Thu May 03, 2007 9:46 am

1. More troops to defeat!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Im not sure they are all the same i think :D :lol:
Dante666
Tyro

Help

Unread postby Redout » Sat May 05, 2007 11:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I,ve got myself DW3 to 5 for XBox as a gift. I'm quiet far in DW3 and now I realize something. every Character has, according to the movie gallery, 3 endings! i never cared for the Ending movies at all, but recently i tried to unlock them, but with no success. does anyone know how to unlock the second/third movie for all/some charcters?

I don't know if this question has been asked before (this thread is 80 pages long and i am not going to read them all) or if this is the right place to ask this at all, but every help would be very useful.
Redout
Tyro

Unread postby Onikage_12 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:58 am

I need help with DW3 Xbox. Ive forgotten how to unlock the various sides in free mode for example Zhang Xiu on Wan castle, Liu Zhang on Cheng Du etc.
And yes I think the 3 different endings is exclusive to Xbox as I do not remember it being on the PS2 version.
False Media, we don't need it do we?
Onikage_12
Apprentice

Unread postby Spike Spiegel » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:42 pm

Quick question. Is Dynasty Warriors 3 called Shin Sagoku 2 in Japan? Just wondering because I am picking up a NTSC-J PS2 for cheap and want to pick up DW3. I want to search for it on eBay and want to make sure I am buying the right copy.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but hard to go back through 80 pages of stuff to look for the answer.

Thanks in advance.
Spike Spiegel
Langzhong

Re:

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Sun May 11, 2008 2:50 pm

Spike Spiegel wrote:Quick question. Is Dynasty Warriors 3 called Shin Sagoku 2 in Japan? Just wondering because I am picking up a NTSC-J PS2 for cheap and want to pick up DW3. I want to search for it on eBay and want to make sure I am buying the right copy.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but hard to go back through 80 pages of stuff to look for the answer.

Thanks in advance.

This response is probably too late but its called Shin Sangoku Musou 2, yes. DW4 is Musou 3, etc.

Samurai Warriors series is Sengoku.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Re: Dynasty Warriors 3 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Unread postby guan mole » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:05 pm

do u think Liu Zhang sounds like Sean connery playing james bond when he say " ooh, so you wanted cheng du this baddly"
guan mole
Tyro

Re: Dynasty Warriors 3 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Unread postby guan mole » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:19 pm

do you know on the batttle of Yi Ling you can kill sun quan without getting hurt by using arrows on the first boat on the right past the bridge that leads up to the island where he is.

if you have a action replay cheat disc i think it is amazing when you have infinite musou and use double musou because of the electric effect it has you can make an officer to keep bouncing up due to the effect and get a high combo score by doing it.
guan mole
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training