Dynasty Warriors 3 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 3 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Unread postby Sean » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:44 am

I like DW3 the most because, even if you're pro at DW5 Chaos mode, it's still a walk in the park compared to DW3's Hard mode levels. Even Yellow Turban Rebellion is unreasonably hard on Hard mode. :x

I also happen to dislike DW3 for that same reason, however--honestly now, Sun Quan at Yi Ling does not need that many archers in his camp. :rangry:
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

I also truly like this game because I grew up playing this one and I didn't go buy the rest of the series until like 2005. So every thing seemed the classic dw. The characters seemed to me like the characters of dw not like some had just been added recently. I grew up with it so I have tons of great childhood memory's that were so great they simply just can't be replaced. Every time I think of it or play it I feel at home and it just brings a smile to my face. I can't even describe in words what this game means to me and remains my favorite game of all-time and Im pretty sure it will stay that way.Although I really love the rest of the series very much dw3 is just a classic that will always remain in my heart. Part of the reason for all this is because my best friend who passed away and me loved this game and would play it all the time. So after he passed every time I play it reminds me of him and all the good times we had.
Last edited by Cao Hong 14 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DarkGriffon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Masatog wrote:
DarkGriffon wrote:Hello everybody :-)
I've got a problem with Zhuge Liang's Fourth Weapon: I'm playing Wu Zhang on Classic DW3, Hard Difficult with Lu Xun (my favourite "4Ws' catcher ;-)) as 1P and Zhuge Liang as 2P of course. I have a battle save file with about 1 minute remaining before Cao Xiu spawning and Lu Xun close to his spawning area (Zhuge is relaxing himself at his starting position ^^) and only 3 enemies' units still alive (I wiped out everything on the left and on the northern sides of the battlefield). The problem is that when I kill Cao Xiu and I get the "Special Item" message I find a normal weapon in the chest :(
Sometimes it's a lvl1 weapon, sometimes a lvl3 weapon... No lvl4 :(
Plz help me, it would be my last 4th weapon :-P

If your still here then try Zhuge Liang as P1 and Lu Xun as P2 (you control Lu Xun of course). Do all the stuff you need to do and when the red item box appears, use Zhuge Liang to get the item! Not Lu Xun.

I came back on DW3 1 day ago... just to find that I HAD Zhuge's 4w o_O''' but X.Yuan's 4w WAS MISSING O_o'
So strange...
However I've caught the fat one's weapon and now I've got all weapons. ^^
DarkGriffon
Tyro

Unread postby Turk » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:55 am

Turk
Apprentice

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:07 pm

haha ya voice acting wsa awful. its gotten a ton better but still isn't perfected. I would say though in dw6 that it was actually deecnt for the most part. but I can't help but laugh at the voice acting in this one. :lol:
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Toothache » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Well, I think I'm close to what might be considered mastery of this game (although I dont think you can ever truly master things, the AI is pretty crazy on Very Hard). I've finally got all the 4th and 5th weapons for all characters, and even managed to unlock Lu Bu's 3rd costume (epic music on the Xtreme Chi Bi). Only thing I'm short of now is getting 99,999 points for SSX's 3rd costume, but that's not a difficult thing, just time consuming. I have several characters with max points already from my speedrun attempts, which is something else I want to finish.

The only other thing I need to do which is a time consuming process is getting the maximum break limit items, now that I know how to do that. So far I've got a few maxed, but the most important ones for speedruns will be Tiger Amulet and Speed Scroll, the latter of which I've got maxed, the former is 3 points off max. I'll get there eventually.

Personally I think this is my favourite of the series, and probably the most difficult, but that adds to the fun.
Toothache
Tyro

Unread postby Toothache » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:58 pm

I hate to double-post, but this is a pretty significant finding. I think I've found some sort of instant-kill glitch.

When testing my speedruns, I wanted to get a decent time on You Ting stage. So I started with various characters, and since Xu Huang starts the nearest, I figured I'd get a bit of practise in with him. After a couple of attempts, I somehow manage to get a time of 33.52 seconds. This is around 19 seconds faster than I should have been able to do it (best time I have recorded is 52.86 seconds), so I'm wondering if there was some sort of glitch that allows for extra damage or an instant kill, or whether there is some sort of Luck property which gives a critical hit (Xu Huang's 4th weapon, which is what I was using has +24 Luck).

I don't know if the equipment matters, but I had Red Hare Saddle, Tiger Amulet, Scroll of Accuracy, Musou Armour, and I believe the final item was the Divine Gauntlet.

Has anyone encountered something similar? I wish I had been recording so I could analyse what happened, but I was only doing some preliminary tests and didn't think to record those. I'm pretty confused as to what happened, so I figure I'd ask if anyone else has come across something similar and know of any way to replicate it.

Thanks in advance.
Toothache
Tyro

Unread postby gaz5021 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:41 am

I've never seen such a glitch but I might have a few goes with the same conditions you described.

I have all the max break-limit items, max points, etc for each character. I've reset a few characters to customise their growth from time to time (usually to keep the musou bar as short as possible). My next goal in what I consider "mastery" is to get each 1st, 2nd and 3rd weapon (BG and officer) with the maximum number of stat bonuses. Still have a long way to go. Been playing DW3(XL) for a long time. What a game.

I do occasionally keep a weapon with a lesser amount of bonuses than what I already have, if it's far superior. I'll come back to them when I get somewhere nearer (i.e. anywhere near) getting all of them. Mmm.

Edit: Wow, just went through all my weapons, I think I'm over halfway done. Have two BG weapons left, both first weapons.

I guess after that it's get them all with five/three maximum bonuses...
gaz5021
Tyro

Unread postby gaz5021 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:07 pm

I have all third weapons with five bonuses. Most firsts and seconds. They show up less often because I only really like playing hard stages (on very hard) for weapons. I'm also going to do some extensive testing on the effect (if any) of higher luck on weapons.
gaz5021
Tyro

Unread postby gaz5021 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:48 am

The power went out while I was saving and I lost everything.

Got a BG Wind Scroll +15 on my first run of You Ting after starting again. Wow.
gaz5021
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training