Dynasty Warriors gamers age thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Your current age?

13 or under
6%
14 to 19
61%
20 and above
33%

Total votes : 126

Dynasty Warriors gamers age thread

Unread postby Iain » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:34 am

How old are you Dynasty Warriors gamers? I've heard that koei thinks their game age range is mid teens, but I'd be quite interested to see if that really applies here, I think that the action DW games attract just as many gamers in the mid twentys as they do teenagers. (perhaps they are 'final fight fans' that grew up)

The DW series of games seems to take a lot of flack for being 'kids games' I think that the games actually have quite good tactics (dont help your fellow officers or commander and lose the game no matter how strong you are) often making you protect officers and seige weapons to earn success in battle and at least koei makes an attempt to bring us a game based on the Three Kingdoms period that is action packed too.

I have the thanks of DW2 that I even discovered this forum, if not for the rich characters and solid gameplay DW games boast I wouldnt have had the desire to find out more about the Three Kingdoms period.
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Unread postby Devilrai » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:00 am

I agree with you DynastyIain, though the fact that there is alot of younger people playing the game is that of its simple gameplay. All you need to know is the attack, musou and the movement buttons in order to play, kids don't really care about the history behind the game just the action and I see no wrong in that...they are kids, though it is nice to see some kids doing some resrearch on the game to find out more about SGYY. :D

Though I still believe the game atracts people aged above 16 though of course that is what i believe I know there alot of people here who are 13 or ever lower and I see no problem in that.

The reason why I believe Dynasty Warriors atracts 16 and above people is where DynastyIain expained perfectly, we are the Final Fight fans and that is very well said DynastyIain. Thats my take on this.
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sephirothefemale » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:08 am

i like the game, and it is thanks to the game that got me to buy the Three kingdoms book, and to reseach the characters and i still want to know more about shu, wu and wei and other chinese dynasties, and i am 16 turning 17.
I am Sephiroth (a female version) bow down before my might.
Sephirothefemale
Apprentice

Location: I am in a room ploting the destruction of the world with zhou yu and zhao yun.Hehe

Unread postby fantasycrusader » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:59 am

I'm 15 heh. I actually got to thank DW4 as it got me interested in the actual story behind it.....which my dad would only be too happy to tell it to me. [-smiles-]

EDIT: Heh Li Zhen, I'm in the year of teh dragon too. 16 in dec. ;)
Last edited by fantasycrusader on Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fantasycrusader
Langzhong

Unread postby Li Zhen » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:44 am

I'm 16 in two days. Born in the year of the dragon. 8-)

Dynasty Warriors got me interested in Chinese History, and so changed my life. I owe it a lot. I never thought about how simple the gameplay was, but I guess you are right Blue Moon Samurai. Not much intelligence is needed to play DW, unfortunately.

I know someone who is late 30s/early 40s (I'm not quite sure) who plays DW. He is my english tutor, and is a big console fan, with at least twice as many games as me.
Li Zhen
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TiRaMisu » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:33 pm

I'm 16. DW is the game that made the biggest impact on my life,mm-hm.(apart from my first arcade game) Imo,DW was made to suit a range of age groups. Simple gameplay,cool moves and characters will definitely appeal to kids;yet the historical part,the novels and literature quality will attract older ones. Everything for everyone.
Daiji na mono wa itsudatte,nakushitekara kizukuyo.
v[^-^]V o[>_<]o [o_O] [T_T]q [u_u]' [@_@] [x_x] [*_*]"
TiRaMisu
Scholar

Unread postby ZhuGeKongMing » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:40 pm

i am 21, seem to be too old here
ZhuGeKongMing
Apprentice

Unread postby KingofWei&Wu » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:06 pm

Year of the Serpent, 14.
So much the stronger proved
He with his thunder: and till then who knew
The force of those dire arms? yet not for those,
Nor what the potent victor in his rage
Can else inflict, do I repent or change
KingofWei&Wu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sum Gai » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:20 pm

I'm fifteen, and I started playing Dynasty Warriors just last year when I was fourteen.
Is this the real life, is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy.
Sum Gai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lafeel » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:27 pm

26, and started playing it about 3 years ago...
Lafeel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training