Handheld Dynasty Warriors Discussion

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Which Version of DW will you get?

PSP
54%
DS
23%
Both
23%

Total votes : 52

Unread postby Foif » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:30 am

Why mod? Because its cheaper and better than a 1.5. The only obstacle is the risk involved.
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:21 am

Sorry to say, but the DS DW game is horrible.

I played the Japanese version (I know enough Japanese to get by in video games), and guess what? You can only play as the three legendary characters. It's like DW Advance, only with less playable characters, less fun, more awkward combinations of graphics, and an annoying card game thrown in for good measure.

A waste of time and money.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby FuguNabe » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:02 am

Sun Gongli wrote:Sorry to say, but the DS DW game is horrible.

I played the Japanese version (I know enough Japanese to get by in video games), and guess what? You can only play as the three legendary characters. It's like DW Advance, only with less playable characters, less fun, more awkward combinations of graphics, and an annoying card game thrown in for good measure.

This I agree. Games of this series was just not meant to be on the DS even though I enjoy my DS.
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Unread postby Shadowlink » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:20 pm

IT came out in English!? I better get it then. The GBA one was bad. DW vol1 has no story
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:44 pm

Shadowlink wrote:

IT came out in English!? I better get it then. The GBA one was bad. DW vol1 has no story

It didn't come out in English. I played the Japanese version.
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:11 pm

Told you DS is rubbish, i can get you PSP's (if your in england) for like £100

Anyways modded PSP's arent better then 1.5's, 1.5's you can get cool softwares on it, and do everything Sony is meant to allow you to do, sometimes the modded ones crash and break (recently got one) and one small drop and that chip in the PSP they put is a gonner.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby FuguNabe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:26 am

Darkest Legacy wrote:Told you DS is rubbish, i can get you PSP's (if your in england) for like £100

Anyways modded PSP's arent better then 1.5's, 1.5's you can get cool softwares on it, and do everything Sony is meant to allow you to do, sometimes the modded ones crash and break (recently got one) and one small drop and that chip in the PSP they put is a gonner.

Again you're saying the DS is rubbish. Why? Just because it doesn't have a good SSGM game? Please be more reasonable before you state things to the extreme. I've already mentioned several reason why the DS is not rubbish over the pages which completely contradicts your practically baseless reasoning. Keep in mind I own them both. Admittingly outised the double screen and the touch stylus (which many of it's softwares make use of very well) the DS doesn't have as much other functions as the PSP. However I must say that I don't think the DS was ever ment to be more than a gaming handheld first and foremost whereas PSP is a handheld multimedia hub. Like I said before the numbers of DS sold worldwide contrdicts your 'DS is rubbish' statement. If it's rubbish then why has it sold so much yet still in such high demand!?... *sigh*
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:57 am

Yes, please, let's not get into a console war. KOEI could easily have made an excellent DW DS game, they just chose not to this time for some reason.
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:17 pm

The games on PSP are generally better then the games on DS, aswell as the graphics difference, anyways, DS is gonna get back in fashion when Pokemon DS is gonna come out, ive gotten a DS specially for that game, and mario games (i love mario, i love luigi, i love donky kong!)
Anyways back to the problem DW isnt really a game witha tiny screen, you need a big screen for it in my opinion!
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby Ricky » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:28 pm

I got both already. There okay but its somewhat strange.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training