Handheld Dynasty Warriors Discussion

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Which Version of DW will you get?

PSP
54%
DS
23%
Both
23%

Total votes : 52

Unread postby Destiny Edge » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:15 am

I'm very interested in this, the PSP is already sounding pretty damn tempting and the chance to play DW on the go just makes it all the sweeter. I'm just worried I'll have to buy a DS too, now, as Koei have promised on the Dual Screen "A Dynasty Warriors Experience Like No Other". I really like things that are no other!
Crafty Heroes > Able Subjects
Destiny Edge
Student

Unread postby DynasticEmperor » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:31 pm

I'm guessing the game map will be on the second DS screen. :roll:

I'll be getting the PSP version. The new trailer shows Diao Chan in a new costume. :D
DynasticEmperor
Initiate

Unread postby Dian Ziman » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:31 am

I wonder what Koei will be able to do to Dynasty warriors with the DS, if Koei added a RTS element in this game then the DS version would rule. I'm glad that a map will probably go with the DS version on the second screen, then I don't keep having to waste my time by pressing start -_-. I'll probably end up getting the DS version anyway, I couldn't care less about Graphics and CG cutscenes since they have absolutly(sp?) no effect on the game (for me)

TO LIU CE

http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/512/512777p1.html

There is some info on it, there are no videos up yet, but I can tell you that (obviously) the graphics will be downgraded and i'm not sure if the DS can do cutscenes, but Koei have said that they are going to make use of the DS features (touch screen, two screens and microhone) to make a completely new experience to this game, whcih is something I will look forward to rather than (what looks like) a port of DW4 with a few possible extras.
Dian Ziman
Student

Unread postby didier » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:36 am

So gamespot has more stuff on DW on PSP now: http://www.gamespot.com/psp/

Videos and preview stuff.

But sadly, I don't think the game is going to be very challenging or innovative.

Unless they have Very Hard mode or make the game much harder, it will be a pushover, and they will really have to redesign levels, videos and cutscenes to make it a seller to me.

Others thoughts?
Guan Yu once said "I do not fear death, it is but my journey home". That comforts me for the distant future, but I want to stay and play Three Kingdoms games.
didier
Scholar

Unread postby Mei Zhen » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:11 pm

I don't know, the concept of being able to play DW on the go is very tempting. Heck, I would even get the game if it is just Zhao Yun in a couple of stages, because if the controls are good, it would help to give me my quick action fix on the road. Of course, there will be adjustments, but from my experience with GBA, there can be pretty decent graphics and gameplay (at least until the directional pad starts hurting your thumb).

A definite draw for the new handheld systems.
"In a modern culture
My friend you must be careful
They've a million ways to kill you

In this dangerous world
There’s an art to growing old
Taking chances
Magic happens"
- Garbage, Breaking Up the Girl
Mei Zhen
Lost in Quotation

Unread postby Ren » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:55 pm

Now that does sound tempting especially if its kinda like the old zelda on GBC!
Ren
Tyro

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:09 pm

Hey also since both the DS and PSP have wireless internet perhaps he would be able to see a Koei game that we could play with anyone around us. Multi player with people long distances away, that would be cool.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Iain » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:08 am

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/520638.asp

Not much information out there on it but Nintendo is getting their first ever DW game..On the DS portable system, I am betting they use that extra screen for the map/menu options etc.

Looks like the portable war is heating up now, with PSP and the DS this could be an interesting winter I wonder which will do better. :wink:

Screenshot from Dynasty Warriors PSP version.
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Unread postby darkeagle22 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:16 pm

I too have read about Dynasty Warriors coming to PSP. I think that it is a decent idea but, overall, it shouldn't be done. The game already slows down on the console (especially PS2) and trying to play the game on a handheld will only result in much much more severe lag.
"Power and justice.....can only be attained through victory in battle!!" - Lu Bu (DW4)

"Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water my friend" - Bruce Lee

"Pai Mei taught you the Five-Point-Palm-Exploding-Heart-Technique ?" - Bill
darkeagle22
Assistant

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:31 pm

Hehe, DW coming to the Nintendo DS? It seems KOEI realise that the PSP might not do well against the DS and decided to play it safe by bringing it out on both of the new handheld consoles.
I'm even more tempted about getting the DS now, and have another reason not to get the PSP.

Going off topic to an extent there, I am curious as to how well Dynasty Warriors' battle engine will do on such a smaller system.
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training