Handheld Dynasty Warriors Discussion

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Which Version of DW will you get?

PSP
53%
DS
24%
Both
24%

Total votes : 51

Unread postby Foif » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:13 am

Sun Gongli wrote:Three original characters named Chimera, Phoenix, and Dragon.

It's stupid. They should have made DW Advance instead with all 48 characters.

I found it funny you named 2 Shu characters...

So whats the story about...?
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:24 am

Foif wrote:
Sun Gongli wrote:Three original characters named Chimera, Phoenix, and Dragon.

It's stupid. They should have made DW Advance instead with all 48 characters.

I found it funny you named 2 Shu characters...

Shu's usually the "default" kingdom. In almost every Three Kingdoms game ever made, you can play as Zhao Yun or Guan Yu or Liu Bei.

I don't think there is one. Basically, it's DW Advance only you can only play as 3 characters, and you summon DW characters to be your (extremely useless) bodyguards through a card system.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Foif » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:33 am

Sun Gongli wrote:

I don't think there is one. Basically, it's DW Advance only you can only play as 3 characters, and you summon DW characters to be your (extremely useless) bodyguards through a card system.

I hate it when they ruin games by using a card system...
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:41 am

I do not care? It gets boring playing as those 3 main Shu characters anyways =/.
I do have Zhou Yu and Liu Bei to defend my base... my strongest is Xiahou Dun at the moment.
Think of it as DW5 Empires, you are Dragon, Phoniex and Chir the rulers, you have come down to earth in the 3k kingdom period to rule over these moral... every land you take a officer joins you... I just hope they let our officers move =/, they usually die...

This good is very good! I finish it in 3 hours! and I did a 250 combo with Dragon's musou. It's is way better than DW GBA.

(extremely useless) bodyguards through a card system.
Yeah your right about that, they are useless..
But funny is that Dong Zhuo was on a juggernaunt! and he was riding it! and Meng huo had elephants while Yuan Shao also have juggernaunts!
Sun jian has a horse and Guan has a red hare.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:54 pm

Right, as I might have happily got excited about over the weekend, a PSP, which I've always wanted to buy but had to be bottom of my living expenses, has come into my possession!! Of course, I've already gotten Warriors Orochi too, but I didn't see any Dynasty Warriors for te PSP when I was out and about looking!! So I must go online!!

Now, I know Vol. 2 has been reviewed as "Basically DW1.5" by certain critics (who I must laugh at) but I'm at a loss of which one to get so I come to you, my dear fellow scholars, to ask which of the two DW games for the PSP you'd recommend!!

Well?? Helpsies please!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Mikhail » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:28 pm

SunXia wrote:Right, as I might have happily got excited about over the weekend, a PSP, which I've always wanted to buy but had to be bottom of my living expenses, has come into my possession!! Of course, I've already gotten Warriors Orochi too, but I didn't see any Dynasty Warriors for te PSP when I was out and about looking!! So I must go online!!

Now, I know Vol. 2 has been reviewed as "Basically DW1.5" by certain critics (who I must laugh at) but I'm at a loss of which one to get so I come to you, my dear fellow scholars, to ask which of the two DW games for the PSP you'd recommend!!

Well?? Helpsies please!!

Well, its been awhile since I last played them. Just get Vol. 2 just for the updated costumes and more characters. They are both pretty much the same experience...
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:32 pm

See I was going to go for Vol.2 for this very reason but then I remembered that my DW4 is now broken and I cannot play it as well as I used to be able to!!
Is Dynasty Warriors for the PSP with DW4 costumes/characters and such??
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Mikhail » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:33 pm

SunXia wrote:See I was going to go for Vol.2 for this very reason but then I remembered that my DW4 is now broken and I cannot play it as well as I used to be able to!!
Is Dynasty Warriors for the PSP with DW4 costumes/characters and such??

Yes, DW was with DW4 characters/costumes and DW vol.2 was with DW5 c/c

Oh and by the way, just in case you didn't know. The gameplay in the PSP versions is TOTALLY different from the gameplay in the console variety.
Mikhail

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:12 pm

o0o??
In what way is it different??
(thanks for all the tips, I don't want to get a game I won't enjoy!!)

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Mikhail » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:03 am

Well instead of the fluid "full" battles you have in the DW games on the consoles and Warriors Orochi in both the consoles and the PSP, the DW game battles are split into many parts. So what happens is that you have to go through many "minor" battles in where you to exhaust the troop count in an area before you could proceed to a newer area. The game also uses a "resource" system in which you have storehouse areas around the full battle map. The more storehouses you have, the more time you have to complete the mission.

It's quite hard to explain, but in short, the game's battles are fundamentally different from the other games mentioned above. It won't be like the console games at all. I was actually surprised that they were able to put Warriors Orochi in its entirety in the PSP but they were unable to do the same for the DW games.
Mikhail

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training