Handheld Dynasty Warriors Discussion

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Which Version of DW will you get?

PSP
53%
DS
24%
Both
24%

Total votes : 51

Re:

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:24 am

Mikhail wrote:Well instead of the fluid "full" battles you have in the DW games on the consoles and Warriors Orochi in both the consoles and the PSP, the DW game battles are split into many parts. So what happens is that you have to go through many "minor" battles in where you to exhaust the troop count in an area before you could proceed to a newer area. The game also uses a "resource" system in which you have storehouse areas around the full battle map. The more storehouses you have, the more time you have to complete the mission.

It's quite hard to explain, but in short, the game's battles are fundamentally different from the other games mentioned above. It won't be like the console games at all. I was actually surprised that they were able to put Warriors Orochi in its entirety in the PSP but they were unable to do the same for the DW games.

They simply chose not to. There's not really a reason to buy Warriors Orochi for the PSP if you already have it for another system. The Dynasty Warriors games, on the other hand, offer different features, and Vol. 2 even adds new battles and paths (for instance, a Wu vs. Yuan Shao battle, and a Wu vs. Wei and Shu battle).
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Re: Handheld Dynasty Warriors Discussion Thread!!

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:55 am

I would kind of like to get a portable DW game (heck, I'll probably get them all, eventually, for the sake of collection completion), but I'm not sure which would be the best investment. The PSP games are actually still quite expensive relative to other used PSP games, crazily enough. And I don't know anything about the DS games (didn't even know there were any, really).

So, I could ask this in the general games recommendation thread, but I figured this one would be more directly topical. Which should I spring for first? I had Orochi for the PS2 but sold it to finance other pursuits, so I'm not especially keen on getting that one again.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Foif » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:00 am

I have DW for the PSP, and i have a version of DW2 on memory stick.

DW2 is by far the better choice, i enjoyed it much more. Although both arent as good as the console versions, but it still gives you some of the DW goodness.
Also, DW has the DW4 characters, and DW2 has the DW5 characters.

And about the DS ones, if they are anything like the gameboy ones, i wouldnt really go for those very fast, but i havent played them so im not too sure :/
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:53 am

Wow...

Anyway, I did finally pick up a portable Dynasty Warriors game... the GBA one! Haha, I know it's supposed to be crap, but I think I paid $1.50 for it, so I figured I might as well. I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

:huohu:
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:55 am

thr PSP versions are really good but the DS version is a load of crap! The DS one felt like they put some random game together and put the dynasty warriors title on it. What unlockable characters can you get on PSP version?
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:59 am

I just found about this through my game informer magazine does anyone have any details? I just saw that KOEI has released another dw game for the new handheld game system from Nintendo called the 3DS! :D
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:24 am

That just disappoints me. Their strategy games have so much more potential on the DS or 3DS. Touch screen control and dual screens would lend itself magnificently to something like ROTK or Nobunaga's Ambition (or even, GASP, an original strategy/simulation game).
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:24 am

DS, as I own one.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:34 am

Dynasty Warriors Next is incredible. I've only had for three days and it's amazing. The new PSP is truly a wonder.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:27 am

I agree with you Shen Ai DW Next is amazing, the graphics are incredible. Plus there is absolutely no slowdown whatsoever :D
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training