DW, DW2, DW3 Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby Devilrai » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:10 pm

Guo Jia wrote:
Nobunaga Oda
Toukichi

Who? How do you get these characters?????

Here is a gamefaq guide on how to unlock these two characters, plus other helpful tips. Oda and Toukichi
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Guo Jia » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:39 am

err, that link didn't work.
Fight crime....shoot back!
Guo Jia
Assistant

Unread postby Iain » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:18 am

Guo Jia wrote:
Nobunaga Oda
Toukichi

Who? How do you get these characters?????
Fight as Toukichi
Enable Zhuge Liang, Cao Cao, and Lu Bu. Quickly press Down(2), Right, Up, Circle, Triangle, R1, R2 at the title screen in the North American version of the game.
Fight as Nobunaga
Enable Lu Bu. Quickly press Square, Up, Triangle, Down, Circle at the title screen. A sound will confirm correct code entry. Nobunaga is located to the right of Shun Shang Xiang. For the Japanese version of the game, quickly press Square, Up, Triangle, Down, X at the title screen. Choose this character by pressing L1 or R1 at the character select screen. He has basically the same attacks as Lu Bu.

From classic gamer Iain. :wink:
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Unread postby Guo Jia » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:39 pm

thanks.
Fight crime....shoot back!
Guo Jia
Assistant

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:19 pm

Since the subject of the original DW is still in the air, I would like to say adding Toukichi to DW was a pretty funny idea to me. He's a decent fighter and also has that humourous voice. The big head made him look more stupid than funny, though.
Also, I didn't like how Zhang Fei wielded his Snake Spear. Hovering over his head doesn't look very offensive, does it?
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Unread postby gren » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:42 am

i just got dw2 recently at an ebgames used but in amazing condition, my question is do we ever go beyond the four hit combo's or is that it?
"what did we hit? space cow?!"
gren
Master Sleeping Treestump

Unread postby Iain » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:17 am

gren wrote:i just got dw2 recently at an ebgames used but in amazing condition, my question is do we ever go beyond the four hit combo's or is that it?
Nope sorry four hits is all you get, life was rough back in the early days of DW gaming you know. :wink:
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Unread postby han dang » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:09 am

i played dw2 last night and after playing dw3 solid for nearly a year you really realise the difference and how dw has evolved
cao pi = cow pee?
han dang
Apprentice

Unread postby gren » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:42 pm

yeah i can see that, lubu doesnt fight like such a goof, and sima yi no longer uses a sword, kinda funny that all the leader characters had the same move set and used the same weapon.
"what did we hit? space cow?!"
gren
Master Sleeping Treestump

Unread postby Iain » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:19 am

gren wrote:yeah i can see that, lubu doesnt fight like such a goof, and sima yi no longer uses a sword, kinda funny that all the leader characters had the same move set and used the same weapon.
Yes like Gan Ning, Xiahou Yuan, and Huang Zhong all had the same movesets right down to the spinning in the air musou. It certainly made mastering a bunch of similar characters easier though.

The one major musou change was Zhuge Liang though, he already had a fairly unique one in DW2, where he'd stand there and fly his fan around him on a string, hitting all around him. While Sima Yi had the basic officer sword slash one it wasnt untill DW3 that Sima got a fan and both strategists discovered laser technology. :wink:
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training