DW, DW2, DW3 Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: where you can get pictures

Unread postby Devilrai » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:45 am

dynastyman wrote:where can you get pictures for these two games i need some for my site

Just type in "Dynasty Warriors/ 2 screen shots" into a search engine like Yahoo, Google, etc. and you are bound to find some nice screen shots of the old great games. Hope this helps.
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Master Still Water » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:17 am

I thought I'd just say, I'm really glad they got rid of those annoying 'gate open' cutscenes for DW 3&4. Being interrupted four or five times during a level to watch some stupid gate open is not my idea of fun.
In nine years' time things start to waste;
In thirteen years there isn't a trace.
Heaven sends things where they're due;
The mudbound dragon mounts the blue.

-From Master Stillwater to Liu Xuande
Master Still Water
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:10 am

Master Still Water wrote:I thought I'd just say, I'm really glad they got rid of those annoying 'gate open' cutscenes for DW 3&4. Being interrupted four or five times during a level to watch some stupid gate open is not my idea of fun.

Yeah, those were damn annoying. If the scenes were altered to have soldiers runnng out of the gates then I might've withstood them, but...
In DW3, I think getting rid of the gate opening scenes was good and bad. As there were no gate scenes, I had to look at the ongoing messages more closely to find out when the gate was open.
DW4 had the best idea of putting a small scene in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. That way, you won't get disturbed by it, and you'll know clearly when the gate has been made accessable.
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Unread postby Iain » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:09 pm

I actually miss running up into all those towers over the gates and beating up archers, in DW2 you seemed to have so many more raised places to access, DW4 brought back some but the huge castle walls were fun to run around in, I used to practice my archery skills from the top of Dongs castle in Hu Lao Gate and see if I could pick off Diao chan from a distance.

You had to watch Diao Chan back then she was a lot more dangerous to fight than in later games.
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Unread postby Punky » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:10 pm

ahh yes when i first played DW2 i was round a mates, i picked of Diao Chan with my bow and was working on Lu Bu (because my friend said that was the easier way to do it) when I got bored and jumped off the wall I was sniping him from, my friend said I was stupid but then I defeated Lu Bu and realised my (not to great) skill of the game... then of course I got shot by many archers and died but you get the point :roll:
Yeah Whatever!
Punky
Apprentice

Unread postby Kuan P'ing » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:25 am

Hey, i was wondering what the characters for the original Dynasty warriors are. I got some but i don't know If I unlocked them all.....
Kuan P'ing
Changshi

Unread postby Devilrai » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:33 am

Kuan P'ing wrote:Hey, i was wondering what the characters for the original Dynasty warriors are. I got some but i don't know If I unlocked them all.....

Here, hope you got all of them. :wink:
Cao Cao
Dian Wei
Xiahou Dun
Xu Zhu
Lu Xun
Taishi Ci
Zhou Yu
Sun Shang Xiang
Zhao Yun
Zhang Fei
Guan Yu
Zhuge Liang
Diao Chan
Lu Bu
Nobunaga Oda
Toukichi
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby _Zhuge_Jin_ » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:14 pm

the origional dynasty warriors was cool, but dw2 is the best dw of all time.
_Zhuge_Jin_
Assistant

Unread postby Kuan P'ing » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:52 am

Thanks for the list bud! :D Why do you guys think DW2 is better than 3 or 4? Did they change something I missed? I actually thought 2 was really hard. I thought the generals and costumes and such were good. Why do you think 2 is better?
Kuan P'ing
Changshi

Unread postby Guo Jia » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:05 am

Nobunaga Oda
Toukichi

Who? How do you get these characters?????
Fight crime....shoot back!
Guo Jia
Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training