DW, DW2, DW3 Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: DW, DW2, DW3 Discussion Thread

Unread postby Korin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:51 pm

I remember actually on DW5 engine seeing troops come out of the gate but it was just 5 troops or was that dw4? maybe both - 1 Sergeant and 4 privates
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:55 pm

I always noticed the troops coming from the Allied Gate Captains and the Enemy Gate Captains in DW2-4!! If you managed to get the morale of allied troops up the more allied troops came out to support them was my experience with it but if the allied generals had low morale it tended to be less or slower!! Also if enemy generals has high morale but less gates then those gates would flood!! You would notice this more in levels where Lu Bu is the Commander, when you enrage him before he retreats, the last few gates tended to flood, used to easy get like 5000KOs in those levels!! Of course that's an extreme case as it IS Lu Bu!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Korin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 pm

SunXia wrote:I always noticed the troops coming from the Allied Gate Captains and the Enemy Gate Captains in DW2-4!! If you managed to get the morale of allied troops up the more allied troops came out to support them was my experience with it but if the allied generals had low morale it tended to be less or slower!! Also if enemy generals has high morale but less gates then those gates would flood!! You would notice this more in levels where Lu Bu is the Commander, when you enrage him before he retreats, the last few gates tended to flood, used to easy get like 5000KOs in those levels!! Of course that's an extreme case as it IS Lu Bu!!

I see what you mean, like if enemy only two gates, more troops coming out. I've captured like 4-5 gates so that's why less troops.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby AxeLordGerardo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Dynasty Warriors 2 must got its own thread, I know all sorts of game details and curiosities about it.
It is totally different from the others, knowing that DW3 is mostly based on it.
Cao Cao - Liu Bei - Sun Jian - Yuan Shao
AxeLordGerardo
Student

Unread postby Aygor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:39 am

In DW5 troops come out of gates and they even flood sometimes -not as much as in DW2 though- but the tactical thing that made it necessary to defend them in DW2 was that once a gate was shut, it was shut. In 5 gates are conquered, so if they are lost you just need to take it back.

AxeLordGerardo wrote:Dynasty Warriors 2 must got its own thread, I know all sorts of game details and curiosities about it.
It is totally different from the others, knowing that DW3 is mostly based on it.

I think so too to be honest
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby Elitemsh » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Aygor wrote:I think so too to be honest

That makes three of us. Still I think we might be in the minority here. If a DW 2 specific thread was created, I doubt it would be that active. Then again maybe not. Perhaps the reason people don't comment as much is because the thread is too broad and this alienates them. If it was up to me, there would be an individual topic for DW 2. I don't think anyone really cares about the first.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Edge » Tue May 07, 2013 1:12 am

Last edited by Edge on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edge
Tyro

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue May 07, 2013 9:00 am

2 was the first one I played and so it holds a special place in my heart too!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue May 07, 2013 4:15 pm

Elitemsh wrote:
Aygor wrote:I think so too to be honest

That makes three of us. Still I think we might be in the minority here. If a DW 2 specific thread was created, I doubt it would be that active. Then again maybe not. Perhaps the reason people don't comment as much is because the thread is too broad and this alienates them. If it was up to me, there would be an individual topic for DW 2. I don't think anyone really cares about the first.

There is nothing wrong with discussing them in details here!! As it was, there were many threads being stickied here and unfortunately those with the less traffic were condensed into one as people were making threads for every main game and then the expansions which was fine during the days of DW3 and DW3XL, when it got to DW4 and then DW5 expansions too it got too difficult to have so many sticky threads as there are online and PSP games too!!

But by all means there is no going off topic for discussing one of the games!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby AxeLordGerardo » Wed May 15, 2013 2:41 pm

I continue thinking that DW2 deserves its own topic, but as you exposed it in that way, denying our humbly petition, i will have to put my comments mixed with that of DW3 + XL & DW4 + XL. (Who can win in a discussion against a moderator, no?)

DW2 yet today continue being for me one of the best ever made. Today seems like DW is more centrated in the young ones, with cool and fancy appearance and dressing, all that the new generations of DW would like. But what about the old ones like me? Im 35 years old and I have been playing DW2 about 11 years now. I grew with the classic appearance of our characters, I used to like the old gameplay style, pure beat´em up. And now almost depends more of strategy than how many soldiers have you defeated. Yes they are still great games, but somehow after DW6, the saga for me has already lost its original style, its spirit. It has no soul, it is only another new product with the DW tag. :cry: Sorry but it is my opinion.

If your first title you played were DW2 you could understand me perfectly.

Let me tell you my viewpoint and the features and events that i like most and ive seen in my 11 years playing it:

-The game had an impressive variety of characters. I remember the box only told you there was 9 to choose from. In that time no title had that number of characters, much less 28, the total after unblocking then all.

-The game had (has yet) high resolution graphics for the year 2000 in character design and scenarios, making it awesome the first time you played it. The interior of castles and fortresses were specially detailed and solid.

(To be continued, the scroll fails after write too much in one only post)
Cao Cao - Liu Bei - Sun Jian - Yuan Shao
AxeLordGerardo
Student

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training