DW, DW2, DW3 Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby SteelDragon » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:49 pm

I hate to say it, but slim to none really..and i doubt they whould wanna go back to any of the old ways, but if they did that whould rule, as i miss so much from DW2 that made it better then both 3 and 4. the KO board at the end was just one of those i missed :cry:
Swift as the wind, quieter than the forest, fierce as the fire and steady as the mountains.
"Sadame no Kusari o tachikiri"
SteelDragon
Sage

Unread postby He JinII » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:55 pm

man I miss DW2. I liked it how your bodyguards would do Musou attacks when you were surrounded. Now it seems like they use it on the weakest thing(i.e Privates/sergents)
I doubt they'll make a DW2XL but I heard from a rumor Koei is gonna make a DW game with all the previous features.
I see the light at the end
But every time I take a step, it gets dim
Tell me is this hell we're livin in?
If so, heaven's got to be better
But if we're hellbound, whatever, let's go do
He JinII
Apprentice

Unread postby SteelDragon » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:32 am

A DW with the Previous Features? hey if its True, it whould please me very much, as DW2 had the best of things from DW imo. if you hear more of this Rumor (or a link) please share, as a remix of DW2 whould rock
Swift as the wind, quieter than the forest, fierce as the fire and steady as the mountains.
"Sadame no Kusari o tachikiri"
SteelDragon
Sage

Unread postby Namorvia » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:16 pm

Yay for DW, my first beat-em-up game. That was cool.

And yay for DW2 as the first game i got for my PS2, (i have Sun Zhang Xiang and Zhao Yun with full Attack, Defence and Life :D )

they were both totally cool in their own time and i wish DW5 would have a beat-em-up bit as an add on, or they could make DW5 Officers Duel which is like DW but with the graphics, chars and places of DW5

i think is wierd looking back in the old manual and seeing Chi Bi called Red Wall and Hu Lao Gate being called Tiger Trap Gate, but i'm guessing thats litral translation
Don't ask about the number

The only thing that rivals my K.O. count in a battle, is the amount of times i've kicked Cao Cao's butt
Namorvia
Tyro

Unread postby Kirin Fang » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:26 pm

The reason Xiahou Dun is my favourite character stems from the fact that he is the most powerful character by *far* on DW1. Although there are better characters in DW2, 3 and 4 (Lu Bu) XD remains the fave for me.
Kirin Fang
Apprentice

Unread postby Master Zhuge Liang » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:13 pm

I have never seen DW game in England, i think only DW2 came out in England, what was DW1 like?
The Mind Shall Vanquish The Sword.
~ You May Of May Not Win But To Admit Defeat Is The Way Of The Fool ~
Master Zhuge Liang
Scholar

Unread postby Devilrai » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:24 pm

Master Zhuge Liang wrote:I have never seen DW game in England, i think only DW2 came out in England, what was DW1 like?

Basically Dynasty Warriors was a straight out fighting game, one-on-one only, not one-on-hundreds like in Dynasty Warriors 2-4.

Plus there are two characters which had nothing to do with the three kingdoms which are Toukichi, some small ninja type guy and Nobunaga Oda who was the closet to bringing Japan under one rule. But of course you had your other characters, Guan Yu, Zhou Yu, Zhao Yun, Lu Xun, Cao Cao, Lu Bu, Xiahou Dun, Dian Wei, Xu Zhu, Sun Shang Xiang, Diao Chan, Taishi Ci and Zhuge Liang. So was very much like Soul Calibur with Three Kingdom characters.

Check out Kongming.net for more info.
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby He JinII » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:41 am

Yea I didnt like DW1 but all the others that came after ruled all.

also I think EVERY had Zhao Yun maxed out. LOL everyone I know who has it has him mastered.

that brings another point. I wish they would remove the skill limits from chracters now. like in DW2 You could master every skill now they have stupid limits on them.
I see the light at the end
But every time I take a step, it gets dim
Tell me is this hell we're livin in?
If so, heaven's got to be better
But if we're hellbound, whatever, let's go do
He JinII
Apprentice

Unread postby Namorvia » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:10 pm

MZL - DW did come to out in the uk coz thats where i am.

KF - Xiahou Dun was one of the powerfulist, but Lu Bu was just as strong and faster, Cao Cao also was just as strong, but had relatively boring moves, nothing like the one where he throws them into the air, jumps up and then smashes them down again. All the character on DW were quite equal and i think that any character you reckon is more powerful must just suite the way your mind works and how you play.

Y' know even then i despised Wei.

Don't ask about the number

The only thing that rivals my K.O. count in a battle, is the amount of times i've kicked Cao Cao's butt
Namorvia
Tyro

where you can get pictures

Unread postby dynastyman » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:04 pm

where can you get pictures for these two games i need some for my site
dynastyman
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training