DW, DW2, DW3 Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

DW, DW2, DW3 Discussion Thread

Unread postby Jon » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:51 pm

Have a question about DW2, or the original? Wanna talk about features that are in(or not in) all of the series? Please don't make a thread about it, this is the place to go! :)
Jon
Ladies' Man

Unread postby Kickwhit » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:24 pm

I haven't played dw2 yet and i was wondering what, if any,. are the differences between levels, design wise? thanks a muchly
I do not suffer from insanity; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
Go To My Site Or Ill Eat Your Soul!
Orgy of Man Crazies.com! The best site on the net!
Kickwhit
Academic

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:26 pm

I don't know why, but when I remember DW2, I actually seem to think of it as more epic, in the sense that my officer had more people to fight in one go...I don't think I ever had disappearing troops.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Devilrai » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:29 am

One downside (which wasn't when it first came out) of Dynasty Warriors 2 is that evert character in the game has to go through the same level, and there are about 7 stages I think, and some characters has the same musou attack. Despite all that its still a good game.
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Nanman Elite » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:15 pm

DW2 was, is, and always will be my favorite DW!(unless, of course DW5 is better)

THe layout of the levels, the character design...

Also I thought that it was less cartoony and fantasy-like than the others...
Why do we wonder why our children act like animals when we teach them that they've evolved from them?
Nanman Elite
Academic

Location: My mind. Which is currently hosting the biggest Death metal concert in the world!

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:07 pm

If it wasn't for DW2, there would be no DW3, 4,etc. The new gameplay to DW2 is what has made DW so popular now.
There was one feature in DW2 that I wish KOEI would've kept throughout the DW series, which was the feature where you could view how the other officers in the battle did, and see how superior you are to them! :P
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Unread postby TheComingEvil » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:09 am

yea, Ive noticed also that the CPU officers (even playable CPU) where on equal status, at least more than in 3 and 4.

I got a question, do yall know all who and where all the Dim Sums are. I know that in Yi Ling there is that one in the stone maze, and SSS is holding one. then there is that one on top of Fan Shui, but thats all I know.
Xiao Qiao:"I'll beat you up."
Gan Ning:"Come on, I'm waiting!";
Da Qiao:"I am here."
Gan Ning:"OOOH, YEEAAHH!!!";
Gan Ning:"Chi ga tagitte Kita zeeee"
Da Qiao:"I...I wont be intimidated.";
TheComingEvil
Scholar

Unread postby SteelDragon » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:23 am

The best Levels for Dim Sum imo, is the Yellow Turban Rebellion. Yellow Turban Forces. you get a Dim Sum for every allied Officer you Defeat (Cao Cao, Sun Jian, Liu Bei). there is also a Dim Sum above the North Second Wall. The one left of the Gate Captain, it can be collected as both Forces. and Hu Lao Gate, Guansun Zan Drops one too if i remember.
Swift as the wind, quieter than the forest, fierce as the fire and steady as the mountains.
"Sadame no Kusari o tachikiri"
SteelDragon
Sage

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:38 am

Hu Lao Gate is also a good candidate on Dong Zhou's forces is you're looking for Dim Sums. As Steel Dragon mentioned above, you get Dim Sums for defeating the leaders of the allied forces (Liu Bei, Gongsun Zan, Cao Cao and Sun Jian). I would altrenate between the two levels, to give you a change of scenery, as we all know playing the sma elevel multiple times in a row gets a bit boring, doesn't it?
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Unread postby BlueDragon » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:11 am

Why didn't they keep the "proper" officer rankings e.g Chariot General? Anyway, the level designs were the best in the series for me and there were tons more enimies (I think). It would be cool if Koei released a updated version of DW2 with better graphics and sound but what are the chances of that?
BlueDragon
Master

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training