Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby Six_and_Up » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:12 am

So wif this new 'expansion', if you cant import data or anything, then wats the point of calling in an expansion of dw4???
Currently playing: Dragon Quest VIII
Six_and_Up
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:56 pm

Six_and_Up wrote:So wif this new 'expansion', if you cant import data or anything, then wats the point of calling in an expansion of dw4???

Because it starts with the content of DW4 and adds new features.
It is an expansion, just in a different context of the word.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Evil Spock » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:53 pm

I dig the modern menu look, and I like the idea of persuading people to join you.

This further proves my point about the divisions that Samurai Warriors(Sengoku Musou) will create:

So far whatever anticipation I had for Sengoku Musou has been completely transfered to DW4: Empires.

Not me, the treasure box will be my precious...and ninjas rock.

Back on topic though, do you think this will be import friendly even though everything is in Japanese?
All my base are belong to Koei.
Support InsertCredit
Evil Spock
Academic

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:22 am

More pictures have been released. Check here...

Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Unread postby Kickwhit » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:45 pm

Whats with the different SSX? New costume? Perhaps an edit officer?
Kickwhit
Academic

Unread postby Dragon » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:09 am

I would have perfered that they just put this into Dynasty Warriors 5 instead of trying to bleed the peolpe's pokets. Perrsonal, I am not going to get it until DW5 has come out.
My power is stronger then any you will ever see.
Dragon
Sage

Unread postby Han Hao » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:43 am

Is there any way this can be cleared up? Do people consider Samurai Warriors to be DW5, or is there an actual DW5 on the horizon? I figure Samurai Warriors, while essentially (And I use that term loosely) will be the same game, it is not DW5. Also, Empires will be some kind of an expansion, but kind of not. It's an interesting concept. Sorry, I've just had so many people say both of these games are DW5, and then talk about a phantom DW5 that hasn't even been announced, and I just want people to pick one.
"Humph...No heralds come with death..." - Zhang Liao
Han Hao
Initiate

Unread postby animetayl » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:48 am

GenFusha wrote:Man it would be awesome if you could edit existing characters'
movesets. So far whatever anticipation I had for Sengoku Musou
has been completely transfered to DW4: Empires.

You said it. As excited about Samurai Warriors that I am, it doesn't top this. Who's getting this in March other than me? Hopefully it won't be too confusing with the Japanese, but I can always look at the treasure trove of information that happens to be Muni Shinobu.

Yay! Finally my dream of a cross of DW and RTK is being realized! I'm sure many other people have wanted this type of game as well. I can't wait to begin university, so I can actually start understanding more Japanese. But, arg, I'm going to be overloaded with asian hack and slash games. What with Samurai Warriors coming out and DW4-Empires, plus the fact I haven't finished DW4 yet, or DW3, or DW2... I'm never going to catch up... :(
Anyone know if the English version of Empires will have Japanese voices? If it doesn't, I'm only buying the Japanese. If it does, I'm only buying the English.
animetayl
Sky Bandit

Unread postby TheComingEvil » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:01 am

DW4 empires is just a remake of the game. It would the equivilent to a first person pacman or somthing. I believe(and I know im right) that DW4 Empires is just a project Koie is experimenting on and double wammies as a game that they hope will please DW fans until the game with the title "Dynasty Warriors 5" comes out.

Samurai Warriors is a new game with simply feternal twin game play. Kind of like how most sports games are almost identical (expesially if you ignore graphics) but are not all realated in the same series. Think of it as if they wanted to make another "Mystic Heros" but less cartoony and have it be Jap based. Mystic Heros is not a part of the series, but it has very simular gameplay. though that was not a good example, that just shows what a revolutionary idea Dw4 Empires and Samurai warriors is. Take a good game type, but clone it, genetically alter it, to create something just as good, but appealing to a different point of veiw and interest. Another example would be if the makers of Medal of Honor decided to make a game of the American Civil War. not part of the same story, but logically, could have the same gameplay
Xiao Qiao:"I'll beat you up."
Gan Ning:"Come on, I'm waiting!";
Da Qiao:"I am here."
Gan Ning:"OOOH, YEEAAHH!!!";
Gan Ning:"Chi ga tagitte Kita zeeee"
Da Qiao:"I...I wont be intimidated.";
TheComingEvil
Scholar

Unread postby GenFusha » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:19 pm

You said it all Animetayle! But my version would have been slightly different, you could have actually walked around the villages when
not in combat. A little reminiscent of Morrowind. (Not that I liked
that game)
GenFusha
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training