Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby Evil Spock » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:52 pm

The funniest thing is people are complaining at Gamefaqs that there are too many Dynasty Warrior type games so soon.

In Japan the market is dependent on new releases not like the west where Madden can top the charts for weeks at a time. It isn't like Koei is releasing Empires a week after Sengoku Musou.

I was surprised too at first, but the more Dynasty Warriors type action the better. One day when I'm brave I'll give one of the ROTK games a try.

For the people like me who don't read Japanese I recommend Babelfish to translate what text can be translated. Sometimes Babelfish Engrish is funny.

http://babelfish.altavista.com
All my base are belong to Koei.
Support InsertCredit
Evil Spock
Academic

Unread postby EERman » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:20 pm

this game sounds sweet.
not sure why they call it an expansion to DW4 though, because it is a different game and you can't even load your data.
i would buy this game as soon as it come out, a mix between my 2 favorite games, what could be better?
Suger Is Sweet
EERman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby The Urborg Volcano » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:38 am

Ah, a DW and RTK combination. Now, that would be a nice thing if it actually works...
If I ever become untapped, you can tap me for Red or Black mana! Wouldn't that be a blast? (I'll blast YOU for 1 damage, mutter mutter.)
The Urborg Volcano
Academic

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:05 pm

More information is up on Magibox...

Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires

It seems like this game will be more modern (the menu and other features). This is both good and bad, since it's good to have the game more modern, however if it's set in China, the modern menu doesn't suit the game really.

I always thought that you should be able to take over Enrty points...seems DW4 Empires have answered my calls! No bodyguards (which I thought were pointless) and weapon creation are making me more hyped about this game.

Hope you are all just as excited as I am! :D
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Unread postby Ranbir » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:20 pm

I hope that once you defeat a Gate Captain and close a gate to stop enemy reinforcements....it STAYS closed...That annoyed me so much. Why don't MY gate reappear???
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby killer-san » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:57 pm

I am very happy but I live in Europe so i will probably play it in 2005...? :(
<---------- The greatest game ever!!!!
killer-san
Assistant

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:11 pm

killer-san wrote:I am very happy but I live in Europe so i will probably play it in 2005...? :(

Hopefully we'll be lucky and DW4 Empires will be released around September/ October time...I'm hoping. :wink:
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Unread postby Ci Cao » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:29 pm

yay, finally my mod chip get's some action (i've imported the US-Version of RTKVIII and VII, and guess what will be next? :D )
I knew the 80 Euros were not spent senselessly...

Btw. did you notice that on the world map screen the Sun family (red) is located in Jing while Liu Biao is located in Wu? Looks strange...
And does anyone know what these Flag-ring-thingies are? Perhaps some kind of Checkpoints (iwillnotcomparedynastywarriorsandunrealtournament*) which you have to take to control some area of the map (what would also explain why the ground on the minimap is red/blue on some screenshots)
Ci Cao
Academic

Unread postby Marc » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:40 pm

cao cao#1 wrote:i think dynasty warriors 4 empires will be the last game koei makes for the ps2 that is based in china.
i think they will continue the china dynasty warriors on the ps3 and maybe online.

I doubt that KOEI will concentrate on DW for the PS3 this early on in the PS3 development, althugh some companies already have. Besides, they are already making a game for the Playstation Pocket, so any game for the PS3 would not be for a couple of years yet.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby GenFusha » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:26 pm

Man it would be awesome if you could edit existing characters'
movesets. So far whatever anticipation I had for Sengoku Musou
has been completely transfered to DW4: Empires.
GenFusha
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training