Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby SilverKey » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:40 pm

Maybe it is real. I take back what i said early. I still have my doubts though.....
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for me. We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack. Drink up me 'earties yo ho!
SilverKey
Student

Unread postby cao cao#1 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:43 pm

i think dynasty warriors 4 empires will be the last game koei makes for the ps2 that is based in china.
i think they will continue the china dynasty warriors on the ps3 and maybe online.
cao cao#1
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TheComingEvil » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:13 pm

From what I can see from the screen shots. There are Boundaries of territory in battle(ie Enemy lines) marked with flags and are the actual color of the map matches. There are territories to obtain, and allies, events and abilities( I think I see Fire arrows and one shot with Guan Yu shows a thing that is either Oath Brothers or a treaty/alliance). There are new maps or at least altered ones (I see Zhao Yun running through narrow paths, another he is on a beach, or nearing a desert oasis. the in game data and Character Head shot is changed
Xiao Qiao:"I'll beat you up."
Gan Ning:"Come on, I'm waiting!";
Da Qiao:"I am here."
Gan Ning:"OOOH, YEEAAHH!!!";
Gan Ning:"Chi ga tagitte Kita zeeee"
Da Qiao:"I...I wont be intimidated.";
TheComingEvil
Scholar

Unread postby Evil Spock » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:26 pm

I'm excited about this game. Strategy elements with Dynasty Warriors action. Sign me up.
All my base are belong to Koei.
Support InsertCredit
Evil Spock
Academic

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:08 pm

"Koei has released new info on the new Shin Sangoku Musou 3 expansion disc Shin Sangoku Musou 3 Empires (Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires), this game will add the administration, political tactics and competition elements from the Sangokushi series. The Character Edit mode will be greatly enhanced, custom character will have a lot more models and voices. A new Visual Database is also added. However the game will not support data import from the other versions. The game is scheduled to release in Japan on March 18, for 4280 yen."

This is information taken from Magibox. This game sounds really intersting...I'm adding this to my collection!
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Unread postby Lu Wei » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:11 pm

March 18 in Japan. Wonder what day this translates to in USA. What day was XL released in Japan?
Lu Wei
Langzhong

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:35 pm

DW4XL came out on 13th September.

If using this data, we could assume for now that DW4Empires will come out in May or sometime near that date. Which will mean Europe release date will probably be during the Summer holidays...oh well.

By the way, this game looks great, I'm always a fan to any new DW4, and the beach screenshot assures me this is going to be just as great as the other DWs.
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Unread postby Shadowlink » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:38 pm

Liruiyue show me this link
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/products/prod ... /index.htm pretty nice pictures of zhao yun i hope it comes out.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Evil Spock » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:23 pm

Zhao Yun has become the "official screenshot posterboy" for Koei when it comes to new Dynasty Warrior games.

I wonder about the timing so close on the heels of Sengoku Musou, but I have think Koei doesn't want to leave the loyal Dynasty Warriors crowd behind.

My other theory is they are trying out new stuff to either implement in the next Dynasty Warriors. Or because of the limitations of technology they can't put this stuff in the game so they release the expansion packs.
All my base are belong to Koei.
Support InsertCredit
Evil Spock
Academic

Unread postby Rhiannon » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:44 pm

I think it's a test idea. They know DW and RTK fans will buy it. I feel that if it's a success, we can see a new game series that's RTK based, maybe even having a new series name seperate from DW and RTK.

I'm definitely looking forward to it. I normally play DW4 alternated with RTKVII when my hands get tired...
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training