Best Weapons

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Whats the Best style Weapon

Spear
36%
Pike
24%
Bows(Crossbows)
3%
Sword
21%
Claws
6%
Any Blunt Object
9%
Staffs
2%

Total votes : 126

Unread postby Houdan » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:21 am

I think spears are too awkward and don't have a large enough area that's actually doing damage. With a sword you have a lot of mobility and the whole blade to hurt someone with, whereas a spear only has the tip.

As far as blunt weapons go, I can see why someone would like them, some are pretty cool, but they just don't seem like effeciant weapons to me. I mean, how long does it take to beat someone down vs slashing them.

Although, I don't think you can just say swords, as there are a huge variety of them. Personally, I like katanas best. Good range, plenty of mobility, and a lot of cutting surface. Things like Fu Xi's sword and Xiahou Dun's sword I think are also to clumsy. Look at the way Fu Xi runs with his sword in DW3... he looks like he can barely hold it up much less fight with it. Anyone fighting him would just move out of the way...

I'm not a big fan of axes. Usually when you see them they're being wielded by some stupid barbarian. I know that axes can be very effective weapons, but seeing them used by these people so often kinda ruined them for me... it's weird.

I don't like rapiers or any sort of poking weapon. People say they take more skill, which they might, but I still think they're really stupid.

Flexible weapons I'm neutral on. Flails and the like are interesting, seem to work fine as weapons, but I wouldn't use one.

So, to sum it all up Zhou Tai and Lui Bei have the best weapons.
Houdan
Student

Unread postby Lu Ziming » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:36 am

houdan, you kinda seem biased towards swords. With spears, all you have isn't just the tip. You can hit a person with the other end of the spear or hit them like a check in hockey. But I agree with the other stuff about the clumsyness of axes and giant swords. The blunt objects probably don't take that long to kill a person either. I mean, do you think that you could survive being hit in the head by a strong man with a baseball bat. :shock:
Lu Ziming
Apprentice

Unread postby Metal Chaos » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:54 pm

i think that the best weapon is a claw cos Vega has them and Vage is my favorite person from Street Fighter 2
Turn thee and see thy death for i am the King of Cats - Tybalt (Romeo and Juliet)

"Que bonitoes el mundo; lastimas es que yo me muera" "how beautiful is the world, it is a pity that i must die" - my mate Tom
Metal Chaos
Student

Unread postby Sun Shao » Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:57 pm

Spears are O.K. weapons, but a somewhat skilled swordsman could defend against just about any attack. Spears don't have much of an area to attack with either. You have the small little blade on front and some had a spike or a metal covering on the other end for quick thumps to your opponent. You probably wouldn't want to check someone with a spear since they are deadliest when in motion. Larger axes have the same problem. Let your opponent stop them just once and you are left wide open. Smaller axes don't have that problem, but they don't do as much damage. Houdan the reason you always see larger axes in the hands of "stupid barbarians" is because they are, most of the time, the only people strong enough to use the weapon effectively. Blunt weapons run along the same line as axes.
Sun Shao
Tyro

Unread postby Random » Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:24 pm

Tonfa's like Sun Ce's, although his are huge, are very nice weapons. Personally I really would like to see someone using a pair of Nunchaku as a weapon in this game! Of all the weapons I've been trained in those have been the most fun. :)
"The is no honor to be found in the power to kill. True honor and glory is found only in the power to heal."
Random
Apprentice

I think!

Unread postby qiao sis lover » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:49 am

I think halibrids r cool cuz they r long and It's LU BU's Weapon!!YAAA 8-)
Last edited by qiao sis lover on Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So beautiful are they that birds alight and fishes drown, the moon hides her face and the flowers blush for shame at sight of them."-Cao Cao(Referring to the Qiao Sisters)
qiao sis lover
Apprentice

Re: I think!

Unread postby Russ » Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:40 am

qiao sis lover wrote:I think pike r cool cuz they r long and It's LU BU's Weapon!!YAAA 8-)

Lu Bu used a halberd, not a pike sweetie. But they are very similar. I like the Glaive, Lu Mengs in DW4, and Yue Ying's....war staff?
Russ
Legendary

WELL!!

Unread postby qiao sis lover » Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:42 am

:cry: I sorry i wrote the wrong thing :cry: But thanks 4 pointing it out :D
"So beautiful are they that birds alight and fishes drown, the moon hides her face and the flowers blush for shame at sight of them."-Cao Cao(Referring to the Qiao Sisters)
qiao sis lover
Apprentice

Unread postby Metal Chaos » Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:38 am

I have now changed my mind i think staffs rule and NO ALI G
It's LU BU's Weapon!!YAAA
Turn thee and see thy death for i am the King of Cats - Tybalt (Romeo and Juliet)

"Que bonitoes el mundo; lastimas es que yo me muera" "how beautiful is the world, it is a pity that i must die" - my mate Tom
Metal Chaos
Student

Unread postby Lu Ziming » Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:06 pm

Sun Shao wrote:You probably wouldn't want to check someone with a spear since they are deadliest when in motion.

Look at Jiang Wei's SSST attack in DW3, he does it.
Lu Ziming
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training