Best Weapons

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Whats the Best style Weapon

Spear
36%
Pike
24%
Bows(Crossbows)
3%
Sword
21%
Claws
6%
Any Blunt Object
9%
Staffs
2%

Total votes : 126

Unread postby King Kumo The Deathwind » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:33 pm

I thought that most of the spear users did some rather good martial arts moves you know like Zhao yu. If anything the people who use pikes don't seem like they do any martial arts moves. Not to mention Zhou yun ( sorry if I am misspelling the names.) I think his sword play is one of the best in the game. Most people in the game seem like they at least do a couple of stylized combat moves.
I am a blessing to family and friend,
To my enemies I am a sin,
But to all I am known as King Kumo the Deathwind !
King Kumo The Deathwind
Master

Unread postby Ma Chao's Rage » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:52 pm

OMG... I was just in a post almost the exact same as this one :o . Oh well my vote went for spear there and it's going for spear here.
What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
Ma Chao's Rage
Academic

Unread postby YourWorstNightmare » Fri May 20, 2005 1:54 pm

Of the ones listed, I went for claws. Although out of any weapon I would say that the best is dual weilding two one-handed axes, they are versistile in that they can parry, block, stab, slash, crush, as well as being thrown. These are only a few exaples of their uses. A close second would have been hook swords, those are quite simply put fun to use.
"Yep, I did the nasty in the pasty." - Phillip J. Fry
"Then you must be going to kill the big-eared one" - Said by Ji Ling to Lu Bu about Liu Bei... as read from the 1994 Moss Roberts translation of 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms'
YourWorstNightmare
Apprentice

Location: Bounceing off the heads of Shu, Wei, and betrayers of Wu in DW5

Unread postby cao cao#1 » Fri May 20, 2005 3:00 pm

ooooh weapons finally something i can talk about .

My first choice would be a spear the spear is the king of weapons i dont know if anyone knows about the site swordforum but they did a test they put 1 spear guy and they wanted to see how many sword atackers it would take to take him down it took 8 of them before he finally got killed ( not real killed but fake killed ) and these where skilled sword fighters not amateurs.

With a spear you have speed and long reach to keep the enemy at a distants to render his sword useless the only draw back is when the enemy get past you spearhead it gets very dangerous so a small side weapon would be good.

claws may be good in the DW world but in the real world they are useless maybe if you could keep the claws short like a katar then maybe,but like zhang he has,really coudnt exist they would break very easily or bend also you would cut yourself allot i would imagine .

A sword is good but the it would be a hacking sword like a nice thick jian or dao unlike most people like to beliefe the katana isnt the ultimate weapon that can cut anything it takes great skill to wield it effectivly and the blade is rather fragile compared to european swords and chinese dao's a ktana is made for slicing not hacking and hacking is waht you do on a battlefield.

A katana was more of a status symbol in those days a katana cost as much as a villa does today i doubt you would want to take that into battle and risk breaking it so samurai used many other weapons like yari's bows naginata's and ofcourse battle made katana's.
I never have a problem with taking a test. Its the 10 minutes before you enter the room that get to me you hear people talking about crap you have never heard about in your life.
cao cao#1
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby awesomeaustin » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:56 pm

I voted spear purely because i like more guys with spears. but I like swords because of Guan Ping.
Thumbs Up for being Awesome!
awesomeaustin
Apprentice

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:27 pm

Spears are cool, good reach, good skill, im surprised that so many people in real world dont consider Spears to be a good weapon, before i played this game, when i played Final Fantasy games, i loved swords, but ever since this game ive always loved Spears, infact Kimari in FFX is my fav character just cause hes got a spear. In DW5 my fav characters are Zhou Yun, Guan Yu and Ma Chao who have spears, but i have to say DW4 surprised me with the fascination of swords again, people liek Xiahou Dun, Zhou Tai, Zhou Yu and probably Guan Ping i like a lot, also for blunt weaponry Sun Ce and Huan Gai rule, i dont really like bows, and hardly ever use em, except on Lu Bu, since thats the only way i can beat him sometimes.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby SunXia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:53 pm

.....Oh!! I've never posted here...I could have sworn i did!!

Well I like a variety of weapons, spears, chakrams, fans (Not the feathers), swords and such!!

If I had to pick it would be Spears, I love Lu Meng (I know its a halberd but still) and Zhao Yun!! I also love others including Jiang Wei and Zhang Liao!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Shadowlink » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:16 pm

Sunxia you did post here. You said you hate zhuge liang fan and so did Sun gongli. Lu bu has a halberd too =] and guan yu =x
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby SunXia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:35 pm

Sunxia you did post here.
No, I haven't, the post made by cao cao#1 up above was made on May 2005, a full two months before I joined SoSZ so I haven't posted here, you must be thinking of the Least Favourite Weapon Thread!!
You said you hate zhuge liang fan and so did Sun gongli. Lu bu has a halberd too =] and guan yu =x
I am aware that both of these have halberds, but they couldn't be further from the reasons that I like Spears, I play Lu Bu to get him up, that's it, and Guan Yu...well I leave him to last to get up and complete Musou Mode, him and Zhang Fei, or if I'm lucky, I bribe my brother into completing them!! I much prefer Zhang Liao and Lu Meng, who, in my opinion, own both these brothers!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:45 pm

Guan Yu dont have a halberd, he has a lance type weapon.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training