I want a mode where I can make my own mission

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

I want a mode where I can make my own mission

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:36 am

Hey all, I know I can sort of do this in the Empires mode but it never works the way that I want.

I want to be able to pick a map, the officers, and number of troops of both sides and then play it. There have been multiple times where I have played a mission and while I enjoyed playing it I felt that if there were a few changes it would be awesome. I don't even need fancy triggers (though that would be neat) I would just like to take a DW map and set up my own forces. I feel that Empires gives you tiny armies to go with the generals and everyone just kinda charges at each other. Plus I hated DW 8 Empires' outposts. It wasn't fun to run around a post in the ground killing constantly respawning enemies until it changed colors.

Am I the only one who wants to be able to do this? Anyone have any ideas on how a mode like this would work?
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: I want a mode where I can make my own mission

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:07 am

Have you played Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate? That has a mode called Musou Battlefields, and while it's not quite everything you listed, it does let you do most of that, so they at least tried implementing that mode in one of their games, so maybe it's something they could add in, with more features later on as well.

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Musou_Battlefields
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:33 am

I feel it's unlikely this game as they're already doing something radical but in principle, yes I would love this.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Valvatorez wrote:Have you played Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate? That has a mode called Musou Battlefields, and while it's not quite everything you listed, it does let you do most of that, so they at least tried implementing that mode in one of their games, so maybe it's something they could add in, with more features later on as well.

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Musou_Battlefields

I have Orochi 3 but not the ultimate edition. I must admit I haven't explored too many options in the game as I am not a huge fan of Orochi and his armies so I got bored of the game before finishing it. I will check later on if they have that option in the normal edition.

I would love an open ability to make changes to levels. Even silly one sided battles, could make a good challenge to face unwinnable odds, and or giant lag inducing battles with huge amounts of officers and generic soldiers :lol:
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:16 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:I have Orochi 3 but not the ultimate edition. I must admit I haven't explored too many options in the game as I am not a huge fan of Orochi and his armies so I got bored of the game before finishing it. I will check later on if they have that option in the normal edition.

I would love an open ability to make changes to levels. Even silly one sided battles, could make a good challenge to face unwinnable odds, and or giant lag inducing battles with huge amounts of officers and generic soldiers :lol:

I have the regular game as well, and that mode is there, the Ultimate version just seemed to add a few more things to the mode I guess, (and my 360 I have it for died so I can't check myself and don't have the ps3/ps4 versions of the game) I just never really used it other than trying it once to see how it was, try it out and see how it is :)

Honestly the 'giant lag inducing battle' seems kinda... great :mrgreen: Like every single officer in the game on the map with hundreds or thousands of troops each.
Valvatorez
Sage

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training