Dynasty Warriors 9 - Characters

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Dynasty Warriors 9 - Characters

Unread postby Emperor Xuan of Jin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:35 am

Hey fellow scholars,
I want to know your opinions on which characters you want to join the list.

My opinions (comment which one of these you want):

Emperor Xian of Han (Why not? The poor guy deserves it)

Hua Xiong (It would be really cool to see him as a fully detailed character in the fight between him and Guan Yu)

Dong Bai (Dong Zhuo's granddaughter)

Yuan Shu (brother of Yuan Shao)

Wang Yun (Father of Diaochan)

Sima Hui (Sima Zhao's son, unifier of the Three Kingdoms. I'd like it if he could be in a short cinematic in the ending)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Emperor Xuan of Jin
Tyro

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9 - Characters

Unread postby Emperor Xuan of Jin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:37 am

Feel free to also comment characters that are not on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Emperor Xuan of Jin
Tyro

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:26 am

Dong Bai, Hua Xiong and Yuan Shu would be on my list too, although I'm not sure that Wang Yun and the Emperors would be a good fit since I can't picture them fighting, but stranger things have happened so who knows :lol:

Also some other characters like Bian Shi (So Cao Cao could have something similar to what Nobunaga and Noh have in the SW series) and maybe someone like Xiahou Shi since they love adding people to Shu. Also maybe some other people to help fill out the other forces like Gao Shun for Lu Bu's force, and maybe even Zhang Jiao's brothers, but they wouldn't be around that long to matter :lol:
Valvatorez
Assistant

Unread postby DragonAtma » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:45 pm

Erm, Sima Yan was the guy who unified china; Sima Hui was the guy who (in the novel) recommended Zhuge Liang and Pang Tong to Liu Bei.

Anyway, I suppose I should repost (and update) my list, sooo...

Shu: Liao Hua, Wang Ping, Zhang Yi (Boqi), Zhang Yi (Bogong), Zhang Yi (Junsi), Zong Yu, Deng Zhi, Zhuge Zhan.
Wu: Lu Kang, Quan Cong, Zhu Zhi, Zhuge Ke, Sun Deng.
Wei: Cao Rui, Hao Zhao, Chen Tai, Cao Zhen, Niu Jin, Guo Huai
Jin: Sima Yan, Du Yu, Yang Hu, Sima You, Wei Guan, Hu Lie, Hu Zun
New Yuan Shao Faction: Yuan Tan, Yuan Shang, Qu Yi, Yan Liang, Wen Chou, Tian Feng, Ju Shou, Shen Pei, Wang Xiu
New Yuan Shu Faction: Yuan Shu, Ji Ling, Zhang Xun, Yuan Yin, Yuan Yao (they'll have multiple Wu officers)
New Dong Zhuo/etc. Faction: Li Jue, Li Ru, Hua Xiong, Guo Si, Li Su, Hu Chu'er, Xu Rong (history, not novel!), Zhang Xiu
New Later Han faction: Emperor Xian, Huangfu Song, Zhu Jun, Wang Yun, Liu Yu (they'd attract pro-Han officers from multiple forces)
New Liu Biao faction: Liu Biao, Liu Qi, Liu Cong, Lady Cai, Huang Zu, Cai Mao, Kuai Liang, Kuai Yue, Zhang Xian, Han Xuan
Other rulers: He Jin, Gongsun Zan, Liu Yan, Gongsun Yuan, Zhang Yan
Other followers: Bo Cai, Zhang Ren, Gao Shun, Chen Deng

...somehow I don't think they'll all be added in one game. ;)
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:55 pm

I think Zhang Xiu is who I most want to see added in the games!

On the unrealistic dreamland note, I'd love Lu Fan to get a space on the rota. Anyone that fills out Sun Ce's story :lol:
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:22 pm

Moved to DW section

Emperor Xian: Would be keystone for a Han faction as the one figure who can last throughout and provide a constant sense in a kingdom where PC's would pop in and out. However I think Han needs Dong's faction to be expanded in right way first and till then, not sure he would easily fit.

Hua Xiong: Please no. A one shot, makes a good novel warm up act for Lu Bu has little personality, no relations, no story other then that warm up act then getting killed. Dong has plenty of really good generals that would add a lot more

Dong Bai: Eh. Given koei will add female to every faction, she seems the best choice for Dong's add, I like her blast design, being granddaughter would be different and we lack an evil lady. Just not excited by it

Yuan Shu: Would be an excellent add with personality and ability to flesh out so many factions and characters if he is done right.

Wang Yun: Would be an excellent add as part of Dong expansion and building towards Han. Has relations, battles and would offer a chance for a "great minister, awful leader" character. How he loses everything that made him a great minister once he became leader and ends up blowing Han's last real chance for any sort of comeback would be fascinating.

Sima Yan: I see why people want him as part of a conclusion but I feel he comes in a bit too late (two camapigns really) to be a really good DW and that he might risk being crowded out. I would love Latter Wu to be expanded but that is about adding Wu figures like Lu Kang, Sun Hao, the Sun princesses, Zhuge Ke

Given DW is going to have limited adds this time, my priority depends on what areas koei are going to concentrate on. I would want them personally to add Yuan Shu, expand Latter Shu (Zhang Yi, Zhang Ni, Liao Hua), latter Wu, latter Wei (Cao Rui, Dowager Guo, that sort of thing)
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:03 pm

If Dong's faction expands I'd want Xu Rong. The guy best two of the periods greats!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jolt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:16 pm

2 new characters to each side:

Wei: Yu Jin & Xun Yu. The former is one of the few main generals still missing while the latter is one of the main long-term strategists missing.

Wu: Zhuge Ke & Zhang Zhao. Two important civil officers missing. One for the early period, one of the late period.

Shu: Liao Hua & Sun Qian/Mi Zhu. The former by myth crosses practically a dozen scenarios, the latter because Liu Bei is missing strategists/civil officers in the early period.

Jin: Du Yu & Sima Yan. Two important characters missing from the rooster.

Other: Yuan Shu & Ji Ling. Both to make a Yuan Shu/Zhong mini-faction. Yuan Shu goes from the Yellow Turban scenario all the way to Lu Bu's betrayal. Can be the leader of the Wu side early on and later Sun Ce breaks from him.
Jolt
Academic

Unread postby Iain » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:24 am

How about He Jin, do the leader iike better than wandering into a room full of deadly Eunuchs and losing his head, maybe restore the Empire to greatness with trusted generals like Dong Zhou too? ^^
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:15 am

Jolt wrote:2 new characters to each side:

Wei: Yu Jin & Xun Yu. The former is one of the few main generals still missing while the latter is one of the main long-term strategists missing.

Heh, Jolt your wishes for Yu Jin and Xun Yu were answered in DW8XL and Empires. They're both going to be in 9 as well, without a doubt. Any other two that you might find a place for?

I personally think it's a good time to include Cao Zhi and Cao Jie since Xun Yu's addition should mean they can't ignore the issue of Han Succession any longer. Cao Jie can act as the final Han Loyalist and Cao Zhi can present an interesting contrast with his brother.
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training