Dynasty Warriors 9 - Characters

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9 - Characters

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:58 am

Xu Sheng confirmed

I'll be honest, I know he is a popular wanted add but never quite got the appeal. I enjoy his fake wall, he (along with Man Chong) helps up their mid Wei-Wu era battles, he was a brave and highly able officer, has all sorts of little moments but even reading his sgz never gets me excited. He is a potentially good addition though
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:47 pm

The female adviser Xin Xianying is confirmed as new add.

I think she is a figure with a lot of potential (concerns at Cao Pi's reaction, Wu Zhang though given 3 people claim credit on that koei has a choice to make, Sima Yi coup, Zhong Hui concerns), long life helps give someone who sees Wei's rise and it's fall, is a lot more then quite a few female adds had when added but key will be integrating her given most of her connections were with figures that are never likely to be added (plus Yang Hu). Was someone I had wanted for some time if they ever covered post-Wu Zhang.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:15 pm

I think she's a good add too, she was always one of the characters I liked in the other games, but what faction should she be in? I think most of her family was in Wei, but Wei has Cai Wenji and Wang Yi as well, both of them weren't really a part of Wei were they? Or at least not enough to be considered part of their forces/advisors. I think maybe she should be in Jin, or at least join them later at some point.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby DragonAtma » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:39 pm

They have a history of adding generals over civil officers (to be fair, generals would me more suitable for battle), but the new non-military officers (Man Chong, Xin Xianying, Xun You) may mean that they make it more tactical than before ("smash everyone" has its limits).

I should add that (at least according to wikipedia) they've announced four wei officers (Cao Xiu, Man Chong, Xin Xianying, Xun You), two Wu officers (Cheng Pu, Xu Sheng), and one Shu officer (Zhou Cang), but nobody for Jin or Other -- so my instincts say they'll likely announce a Jin officer next.

I still think that Zhuge Zhan is a likely add; Lu Kang and Yang Hu probably have a pretty good chance too (if not this game, then next game).
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:24 pm

Too many new Wei officers, not enough Shu :-p

Seriously though, another Shu officer and a couple of Jin officers would be nice. Maybe an other world be good. Yuan Shu, or one of his guys would be good. They can start at the second scenario and end right before Guan Du. Short but let's face it Dong Zhuo's will be short too.

WTB Liao Hua:-p
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:54 pm

I would be surprised if we got 0 Jin and only 1 Shu so I would indeed imagine we will see adds there but feels like the main focus has been fleshing out the mid-Wei vs Wu battles with those additions. Whether the game itself builds on that era, we will see.

Valvatorez wrote:I think she's a good add too, she was always one of the characters I liked in the other games, but what faction should she be in? I think most of her family was in Wei, but Wei has Cai Wenji and Wang Yi as well, both of them weren't really a part of Wei were they? Or at least not enough to be considered part of their forces/advisors. I think maybe she should be in Jin, or at least join them later at some point.

Cai Wenji was married to a Wei officer eventually and was in Cao Cao's circle, Wang Yi fought with Wei forces and was married to Wei officer so those two make sense.

Once DW7 set out how they defined Wei/Jin, I would have (give Xiahou Ba is in Jin roster) assumed she would be in Jin give the time-frame. I'm hearing she is in Wei yet they keep Xiahou Ba in Jin so not sure what the rules are if that is true. Life-span and loyalty wise, she could be in either
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Long » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:39 pm

Shu: Liao Hua
Wu: Jiang Qin
Wei: Cao Zhen
Other: Yuan Shu
"Never argue with an idiot. They'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
"Censorship is a tool for the closed-minded and insecure."
Long
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training