Dynasty Warriors 9 - Characters

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9 - Characters

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:34 pm

I'm not on tumbler but I do keep my eye on your stuff DaoLun. I like it but banning Sun Fin would increase it's brilliance 100% :wink:

My stance on Xiahou Ji is I can very much see the potential which I mentioned above. I'm also uneasy. If I had to give a potential rating, I would vote high score but also with a caveat, I'm no longer strongly against it due to years of discussions about this but still, something urgh about it. I do agree with some of what the "this isn't an issue" say (some of the charges against Zhang Fei on this are either assumptions or outright false, not that this makes it anything but a horrible thing, while this is certainly not the only DW character in a forced marriage) but I can't blame anybody for whom this is a step too far and they want out. We almost certainly are going to get a loving relationship which is just a kick in the...

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:My big problem with Yuan Shu and also Cheng Pu is that they shouldn't have been added in 9. Cheng Pu should've been here during 3. or 4. Yuan Shu was perfect for DW6 seeing how many times he shows up in that game. Seriously there are like 4 or 5 levels he shows up in. He also had a unique model in that game. They're two guys who should've been added along time ago, and sadly now they're added during a time when he need later folks more.

I think they are fine. Actually good adds, but I think they waited too long to add them and now by doing so the most lacking era continues to be extremely lacking.

I can see that. I'm still delighted at finally getting Yan Shu but I can see how by this point, there is overdue fatigue. DW8 really should have been about creating a Latter Wu and it feels like Jin, while something that I thought helped revitalise things in 7, feels like they either don't care or kind of regret it yes.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:50 am

Dong Zhou wrote:I'm not on tumbler but I do keep my eye on your stuff DaoLun. I like it but banning Sun Fin would increase it's brilliance 100% :wink:

Oii! :rangry: :lol:

At least you've not found a reason to ban me from SoSZ!

Yeah I can see what you mean, I'm still gonna celebrate Yuan Shu though. He was top of my list. There was space for him and to flesh out the later period if it wasn't Koei running the game... :lol:
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:01 am

Don't worry, I'll fine an excuse to ban 'em. :wink:

KOEI is just out to specifically break my heart. And it's working. Really well... :/ RIP Chen Tai dream.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Academic

Unread postby Han » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:39 am

An interesting discussion on reddit r/askhistorians about the Lady Xiahou thing in addition to other stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/ ... confidence
Liu Bei did nothing wrong.
Han
Scholar

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:49 pm

So out of curiosity, who do you guys consider the good late Wu adds who are relevant during the current DW timeline(meaning up to 264) that are worth adding?

I can think of Zhuge Ke, Sun Luban, and Zhu Yi, but who else? I know if you go beyond 264 until the fall of Wu you could add Lu Kang and Zhang Ti among others but I’m not sure they’re all that great otherwise.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:06 pm

The Quan family I assume would be one, one of the Sun regents, I would suggest Sun Hao being active earlier then he should be to give a narrative continuation for having a Sun figure (the instability would form his mindset)
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:21 am

I don't know much about the Quan family, who are they?

I suppose Sun Chen is alright but he really only has 1 battle that I'm aware of.

I like the idea of making some later Wu(like post 264 era) officers showing up early, such as Sun Hao and Zhang Ti. I think it's the only way that the final battle where Jin invades Wu could leave any sort of impact. If they introduce the last defenders too late I don't think it would make for a good ending.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training