Dynasty Warriors 9

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:41 pm

I haven’t played the trial yet either. I should download it...

I’m surprised to hear the tickets don’t actually apply to stories, as that’s what the trailer seemed to imply. The trailer says “Experience story mode. Choose 3 characters from a roster of 90 characters!”

You sure it’s limited only to the Turban intro?

Maybe the three free character unlocks they mention are for Free mode only?
Jia Nanfeng
Sage

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:41 pm

It says (paraphrasing) "thanks for playing, you have reached the end of your trial period with this character, you can continue to play him by buying at store" once I reached a very early point and resume simply takes me back to that thank you

I was surprised as well
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:03 pm

I've just downloaded the sample too, will get on that Monday. It will be my reward for getting through my Hebrew exam! :lol:
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:00 am

Sad to see they've limited the trial so much. :cry:

I suppose I'll just buy a couple of characters I want to play and see if I like it enough to buy the full game.
Jia Nanfeng
Sage

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:16 am

I've been replaying it recently and I still enjoy it quite a bit. A lot performance improvements have happened since it first came out, that's for damn sure.
"Looking at Zhong Hui is like viewing an armory, one sees only spears and lances"
— Pei Kai
Check out this list of historical resources I have.
Check out this list of cited biographies I have written.
DaoLunOfShiji
Scholar

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:35 am

Jia Nanfeng wrote:Sad to see they've limited the trial so much. :cry:

I suppose I'll just buy a couple of characters I want to play and see if I like it enough to buy the full game.

I'll likely buy Cao Cao, would certainly give me a sense of the game playing such a long lived character

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:I've been replaying it recently and I still enjoy it quite a bit. A lot performance improvements have happened since it first came out, that's for damn sure.

My one concern would be my PC version had a fair bit of slowdown, might have my settings on too high but usually that's fine
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:58 am

I have it on PS4 so thankfully I didn't have to rely on my toaster to run it, but from what I hear it's very demanding on your processor. Similar to a lot of MMORPGs.
"Looking at Zhong Hui is like viewing an armory, one sees only spears and lances"
— Pei Kai
Check out this list of historical resources I have.
Check out this list of cited biographies I have written.
DaoLunOfShiji
Scholar

Unread postby Valvatorez » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:56 am

I played the trial version on ps4, sadly I couldn't take more than about half hour of it. The difficulty seemed way off balance. The game sent me to kill Zuo Ci, then Sun Jian, then Liu Bei. Sun Jian was crazy with some hits while Liu Bei just got stuck on a wooden board and wouldn't attack all the 3 times I had to fight him. The music was ok, so that's about only thing I got out of the game before deleting it.
Valvatorez
Scholar

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:49 pm

Only played a afternoon or so (as Cao Cao) and some of it is adjusting to PC (slowdown still there but updated graphics card which helped), not yet learnt to block. Just a few quick thoughts

-I like the impact of counters

-I’m grateful for fast travel

-Writing currently feels a tad simplistic, using Chinese voices.

-I like they still have little references in camp and that map marks who is talkable to and who you have talked to

-My concern is my interest so far is fading in and out, I’ll be wrapped in, particularly when doing a story event like rescue Han general or defeat a specific Turban and then be pulled out by a long journey or having to navigate horse (it could give a little more leeway on "picked up") to actually pick up items

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:23 am

I’m enjoying it more and I met the Xun’s, still on Turbans.

1) I hate tigers, everything else I’m fighting easily but those things tear me apart. Lack of lock on for them not helping

2) I may need to swap block and summon horse button

3) My initial plan was just do the cities and icon worthy stuff within the blue/red zones and ignore the orange/blank zones. However Chang’An quests sent me into one orange zone and there they activated more mini quests (including ones with evil tigers). I’m not worried if I don’t go all the areas, I may miss something Cao Cao character related in one of the cities so going to be doing all of them…. which is intimidating

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training