Dynasty Warriors 9

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:20 am

Clocked in 80 hours so far. Finished Xiahou Dun's story. I think I'm done with the game. Not a fan of Jim Sterling, but I agree with him on this one. There's nothing ambitious, nothing grand about it. Still prefer it to dw6 though.
Just wanna add that I've never seen the AI officers so useless in any dw game. I've never been attacked by a musou attack. Never...in nearly 70 hours on chaos difficulty. I've seen 5 top Wei generals led by Zhang Liao standing right in front of the Wu fort doing absolutely nothing for 5 minutes yelling out that they won't survive the battle. The morale bar was nearly fully blue btw.
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:24 am

Xiahou Jia! Wonderful to see you buddy! Sad to hear you're hating the game though :(. Any features that you do like?
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:37 am

I don't really hate it. Just very disappointed.
There are some things that I do like. Music of course. Day/Night cycle is nice and environment is pretty. Nice to see Yuan Shu, Man Chong and Xun You in game.

Edit: Really like the idea of charging your flow attacks with different elements depending on prior attack. Although it's all pointless when you have +16 mus/sec equipment and additional +30 from epic lightning gems.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Han » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Is there a Guan Yu slay Hua Xiong cutscene?
Liu Bei did nothing wrong.
Han
Scholar

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:43 pm

Han wrote:Is there a Guan Yu slay Hua Xiong cutscene?

Not in Wei's story. For some reason both Liu Bei and Sun Jian didn't care much about Si Shui Gate when I was playing as Dun or Cao Cao. Sun Jian's forces actually didn't care about Hu Lao Gate either.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Guan Yu hasn't done much in Liu Bei's story in the first few chapters besides talk a bit. Perhaps in his own story there might be a few special lines of dialog with people like Hua Xiong.
Playing as Liu Bei most of the coalition leaders just kinda hang around not even engaging the enemy. Never saw Sun Jian nor Yuan Shu in chapter 2.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Han » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:23 pm

God damn Koei!

Is there any Guan Yu slaying Yan Liang and Wen Chou event?
Han
Scholar

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:30 am

Sun Jian is actually following the historical route in Chapter 2, not the novel route. He isn't fighting at Sishui or Hulao, he's down south at Yangren Castle with a different set of missions, one to get Yuan Shu to send him supplies, and the next to break the siege by Dong Zhuo's forces. Completing the latter mission will free Sun Jian's forces up and lead him to march on Luoyang from the west, causing a pincer attack with the remaining allies arriving via Hulao.

Or you can ignore Hulao entirely, help Sun Jian out, and lead him on a solo attack of Luoyang.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Han » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:25 am

Is there any Guan Yu slaying Yan Liang and Wen Chou event?
Han
Scholar

Unread postby Han » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:31 am

Is there a Guan Yu release Cao Cao event cutscene?
Han
Scholar

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training