Dynasty Warriors 9

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:29 pm

If you ever come in and say "a husband remembers he is married", truly DW9 will be the greatest of them all

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:
Shu characters seem far more bearable. Some like Zhuge Liang and Jiang Wei still do talk about benevolence, but it's not 24/7. The kind of... crazy part that I didn't expect is that if you play as Late Shu and you watch after Zhuge Liang dies, it seems like the younger generation is all kind of brain washed. Liu Shan, in a sad turn of events, knows that the invasions are not the proper way to end the fighting. But they are all driven by the outdated dreams, but Liu Shan cannot speak up. It's really sad... but he still does try to help them when available. There's a good amount of nuance believe it or not. I like it. Guan Yu's God of War thing isn't shoved down your throat 24/7 anymore. At least not as the enemies like Wei and Jin. No idea about Shu though.

Good about Guan Yu. On latter Shu? I'm not surprised.

In recent games there have been two segments (bar I prefer Liu Bei outside of Shu's story which is really really bad thing for a game to manage) of Shu I have liked. The Fan to Yiling (used to be Yi too Yiling due to Pang Tong's humour and Yi used to be Shu's "look at the bad side") as that has good tragedy. The other is Latter Shu due to it's main duo) particularly when the Jin story and characters XL stages tell the story right so 7 felt stronger for me on this then 8. To be honest most of the latter Shu figures still believe, still fight on but they got so underdone that it is water off a ducks back so that changed then great. The only one other then the main two to get any shine is Xing Cai and that is due to her relationship with Liu Shan and their different persona's.

Jiang Wei's obsession (the haunted by ghosts of the past angle) is the extreme example but as the figure front and centre, it has worked for him as Sima's and Liu Shan... pity him. Liu Shan is charismatic, kindly, intelligent, human, intresting (everything his father isn't) and he comes at things from an angle very different from all of DW. When Jiang and Liu Shan's contrasting approach is given time to work, it is excellent. I'm glad 9 has really built on that

I tend to hate Shu pre latter Shu. The "yell one word repeatedly and don't explore what it actually means", Liu Bei comes across as an uncharismatic robot that has damaged logic circuits, a lack of... three dimensional human beings having friends or being normal. I remember a Zhao Yun, Zhang Fei scene in 7 becuase it was an all too rare moment for Shu where characters chattered like normal people whereas Wei and Wu had that all the time. I like a fair few characters but I'm hoping 9 makes the whole atmosphere of Shu more shaded and more human.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Han » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:04 am

Daolun thank you very much! :D

Ive actually been playing it for an hour or so already! Do you have any advice on where I can buy horses or get hideouts?
Liu Bei did nothing wrong.
Han
Sage

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:39 am

My pleasure, I hope you enjoy the hell out of it. I have.

Horses can be bought in any city. Just look for a stablemaster/horsebreeder. I can't recall the name. Hideouts it depends on where you are. There's one right outside luoyang to the... south east?

Excellent scene of Liu Shan and Jiang Wei https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dMWHHSCthE
Liu Shan's ending https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll0k7F4vBWg
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Student

Unread postby Han » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:41 am

Yeap, thanks! I have been listening to your advice actually. And the game is extremely fun. But the level 20+ strong enemies hit soooo hard even on normal. Lmaoooo
:D

Are there any specific locations to obtain Chrysoberyl? Its pretty much the only item I need to get accessory.

But its extremely rare. :(

Edit: Never mind. Got it already. And it was for a Legendary Weapon lmaoo.
Han
Sage

Unread postby Han » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:52 pm

I remember hearing something about formations. If it does exist, how do we use it or trigger it?

Also, I cant seem to use Red Hare as Liu Bei even after I unlocked it as Lü Bu. In fact I cant even change horses as Lü Bu.
Han
Sage

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:26 pm

I don't believe formations are usable in every battle. I h ave seen them at Hanzhong and Chibi for Wei for so far. I may have missed something in their story.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Student

Unread postby Han » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Ah I see. Is it an automatic pop up thing?

As for Red Hare, were you able to use it on any character excluding Lü Bu and Guan Yu?
Han
Sage

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 pm

I've honestly never checked. I only know it's obtained through Lu Bu's story initially.

Also, Lady Zhen's ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8VYzzNgrRE
DaoLunOfShiji
Student

Unread postby Han » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:10 am

I see. Thanks by the way.
Han
Sage

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:33 pm

DaoLunOfShiji
Student

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training