Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNTGudpTgnc&t=7215s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B797abMG4k

You guys should all check these videos out! They're English gameplay videos of both Liu Bei and Sun Jian. I'd say based on these videos it's look like they really are doing what they can to increase character interaction and story depth. It also seems the battle are on a way bigger scale than before, which is nice to see. I'd say that despite some obvious flaws in the game(namely the English voices and weapon situation) the game is shaping up to be a really fun and refreshing installment.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:43 am

I have been following daolun who has a copy of the game, I'll leave him/her to give overall impressions but it sounds great. Bar Jin (whose amount of chapters seems to be koei's signal of "we regret adding this lot") issue. But from what you and DaoLun have said, it does sound like they have worked hard on characterisation, on giving little touches that make it special to play as so and so and it is making me excited, soothing some of my concerns.

I can't wait for this to come out on steam. Not all my concerns have been addressed yet, it will be intresting to see how people feel when playing the "same faction, same battles" again and if they feel that has been individualized enough but it does sound promising.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:01 am

Based off what I've seen from DaoLun on tumblr I'm also excited for this game! I'm not that bothered by Jin in all honesty but to hear they've gone for more depth in characterisation makes me very happy!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 pm

My thoughts on the game so far basically sum up as

The story presentation is exceptionally good. Everyone gets their moments to shine. Certain characters have been fixed and are no longer goofy as hell.
The State Combo System is absolutely terrific. The EX system took the fun out of your hands, meanwhile the state system gives you four attacks you can weave into your playstyle as you wish.
While the regular soldiers aren't that difficult most of the time, situations like Wancheng are pretty damn tough.
Boss enemy Ai is very enhanced and certain people can 4 shot you if you aren't careful.
The world is gorgeous, there are some great side quests.
Many historical anecdotes like Xu Huang and Bobo Bandits are mentioned and even fought.
The OST is flawless.

I'm saving my final judgement until I see Jin, which I am playing everything else before I touch it; but so far DW9 easily excels far beyond my origniol negative opinion. Gameplay wise its the absolute best in the series, bar none. There's no second guess for me on that. It's the story, and how KOEI will tell it in 3 chapters for Jin that will truly give me my final thoughts.

If Jin isn't a big deal for you, it's a definite buy. Best game in the series.
"Since our eternal parting will come in a few days, I write this in a passion, to reveal my heart and to bid farewell to you, my prince."
DaoLunOfShiji
Initiate

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:35 pm

Jin is a big deal to me... but I'll still buy it. Just gotta keep my hopes low for them.

Which version of the game are you playing? Console or PC?
Jia Nanfeng
Apprentice

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:41 pm

JIn is a VERY big deal to me as well. I'm praying it doesn't suck...
It's on PS4 Pro.

Doing a little speedrun of Zhou Yu in order to get to Xin Xianying so I can see if her add truly was wasted or not. Sun Fin, you'll be happy to know that Sun Ce's conquest is pretty expansive. You'll get a lot more time with him than in previous games.
"Since our eternal parting will come in a few days, I write this in a passion, to reveal my heart and to bid farewell to you, my prince."
DaoLunOfShiji
Initiate

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:07 am

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:Doing a little speedrun of Zhou Yu in order to get to Xin Xianying so I can see if her add truly was wasted or not. Sun Fin, you'll be happy to know that Sun Ce's conquest is pretty expansive. You'll get a lot more time with him than in previous games.

Awesome news! If I had any doubts about getting the game they've been wiped away now! :D
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Han » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 am

Is Chinese Dub avaliable?
Liu Bei did nothing wrong.
Han
Academic

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:44 am

I believe so!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Han » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Great! But most videos on youtube are english dub :(
Liu Bei did nothing wrong.
Han
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training