Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!

Unread postby Lost » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:16 pm

I agree with you that taking the armor away from the women is wrong. I don't necessarily mind the change to Xing Cai specifically because her run in DW8 had a flap that went up and down right where her ass was from what I remember. If they get rid of that then it'll at least be a small improvement.

I have to say that I've never walked out of a film. Even bad ones I normally finish considering I've already put some of the time into watching it. I have become quite good at judging which films are suited for me but I must admit I misjudged Kingsman and the Golden Circle. That was really a bit of a let down unfortunately.
Lost
Apprentice

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:13 am

I think someone at DW has a thing for thigh gaps or they know that is very popular judging by some of the new female costumes

I watch films at home when they come round on it so when I say walk out, I more mean delete the recording so it is no effort for me. Pity about the Kingsmen sequel, I had heard good things
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Lost » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:17 am

I always say people should judge films for themselves. I really loved the first Kingsman so perhaps that's why I feel more disappointed with Kingsman 2 than I would have if I just saw it as a stand alone film.

Parts of it were entertaining but I felt the story overall just didn't interest me and the characters lost a lot of their charm from the first film. Also the film was overloaded with silly spoof scenes that weren't half as stylish as they were in the first film.
Lost
Apprentice

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:39 pm

Cao Xiu has been added. The Wei adds are absolutely flawless. Cao Xiu, Man Chong (I love Man Boning) and Xun You.
Now if only Jin can get Chen Tai I could die happily...
"Since our eternal parting will come in a few days, I write this in a passion, to reveal my heart and to bid farewell to you, my prince."
https://daolunofshiji.tumblr.com/ - The other white meat.
DaoLunOfShiji
Tyro

Unread postby Lost » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:10 pm

Cao Xiu sounds like a good addition. His early interactions with Cao Cao should be good and he might be able to make Cao Pi a little more interesting as well.

I do wonder when they'll reveal a new Jin character since we've already had two from Wei and Wu.
Lost
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:18 pm

With the Zhou Fang battle his also got a meaningful interaction with a NPC in another faction which is always interesting.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:46 pm

Chen Tai is the most needed Jin add, and he has been since DW7, 8 and now 9. Hopefully we see him.
Wu is still lacking some folks too, but I extremely happy with the Wei adds.
"Since our eternal parting will come in a few days, I write this in a passion, to reveal my heart and to bid farewell to you, my prince."
DaoLunOfShiji
Tyro

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:51 pm

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:The Wei adds are absolutely flawless. Cao Xiu, Man Chong (I love Man Boning) and Xun You

Xun You is the one new Wei add so far that made me question the logic behind it.

Does seem like they are focusing on fleshing out the mid-Wei vs Wu battles with Man Chong, Xu Sheng and Cao Xiu being added. Should help Sima Yi and Cao Pi. Cao Xiu is not one of those figures ever high on my list of wants but he has potential to be a good add. Plenty of pro's (family left behind angle, extremely filial, aggressive tactics should help shape persona, closeness to Cao's, Hanzhong and vs Wu battles), a few issues that need working (someone needs to take Jia Kui role as only non-Cao bar Wu Can he is connected to for relations, the pre-Hanzhong part of his career lacks detail, not the easiest to build persona but there is enough there personally). Will be very intresting to see how they handle his role at Shi-Ting and his death from illness
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby ItssLuBu » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:34 pm

If they add one of Chen Tai/Yang Hu/Du Yu, what other good options remain after that for Jin?
ItssLuBu
Tyro

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:39 am

Hu Lie, Wang Jun, Wang Hun, Sima Zhou, Sima Fu, Pei Xiu, Hu Fen, Deng Zhong, Guanqiu Jian, Wen Qin (eh), Shi Bao, Wang Ji, Yang Huiyu, Ma Long and Xin Xianying are just a handful of folks I'd add for Jin.

The Zhong Hui lover in me wants Qui Jian and Wang Bosheng but they would be all around useless adds.
DaoLunOfShiji
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training