Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:06 am

Welcome back Lost, hope you had a good time

My Jin votes
Zhong Hui: Arrogance and flair, a true leader

Zhang Chunhua: She was fun, in command, cunning, a slightly belittling view of those around her but cares for her family.

Wang Yuanji: Better (ditto Zhao) in 7 then in 8, I liked her dynamic with Zhao, her weariness but fondness for him, intelligent, sensible figure.

I do like the Sima's but few else.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby DragonAtma » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:45 pm

Zhou Yu, Sima Shi, Ma Dai, and Zhang He, complete with new weapons: https://imgur.com/a/19Hwv (Courtesy of Gamefaqs)
Last edited by DragonAtma on Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:53 pm

DragonAtma wrote:Zhou Yu, Sima Shi, Ma Dai, and Zhang Fe, complete with new weapons: https://imgur.com/a/19Hwv (Courtesy of Gamefaqs)

*Zhang He

Pleased with Ma Dai having a new weapon. I hate his weird paint brush on WO3. Think Zhou Yu's weapon is interesting - he was the of the few strategists with a sword, but I thought that was fine as he had a reputation as a good swordsman didn't he?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Whoops, I fixed that.

EDIT: Xu Shu was the one who was good with a sword; Zhou Yu was known for being very attractive.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Indeed, I'd have sworn I'd read that he was good with one too. Can't find any reference now though, must be a slip of the old memory! :lol:
Last edited by Sun Fin on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kotosho » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:50 pm

Zhang He's signature weapon has changed, that's a huge surprise!

I am happy seeing Ma Dai has a new weapon.

Sima Shi looks the same as in DW8.

Zhou You looks a lot like Ling Tong know, I'm glad to see that he still has the same weapon as in DW8.
''Do not do evil because it is a small evil; do not leave undone a small good because it is a small good'' - Liu Bei
Kotosho
Tyro

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:03 pm

Zhang He: Is "In addition to his well-mannered behaviour, these skills gave him a fascinating charm not commonly seen among his peers. " his usual DW description, feels new? It seems a shame to lose the claws and visually, those throwing daggers just look off, the colouring doesn't work. Costume alone, toned down but with enough flair in the pretty details on clothing (and hair peice) to feel like Zhang He, think he looks really good, like the metal on his limbs. 8/10

Zhou Yu: I'm not a fan and not sure why. I like the coloured rod with golden details on the red, white feels toned down on his robe but good red armour and outwear (with golden pattern). I think it is the face, it seems so very un Zhou Yu that I used to know, like another character's head got put on. 5

Ma Dai: Looks good mostly, I like the mix of armour, robe, the patterns be it black on legs, gold on midsection and silver/white on chest, looks like Ma Dai. My only issue is the picture on koei's site makes him look very sickly with bags under his eyes. Spending too much time with Guo Huai? 6.5

Sima Shi: Like Ma Dai, taken the usual costume and done well with it, some nice details but not needlessly revamping. Unlike Ma Dai, he doesn't look like he hasn't slept for five days. I like Jin blue, good mix of armour and robe with silver and golden details 7
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:24 am

So is Ma Dai just a Pang De fan boy or does he just love his weapons? :lol:
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lost » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks Dong Zhuo, I had a great time!

I have mixed feelings about the changes to Zhang He. I'm glad they might be toning down his personality and making him a serious general considering he's one of Wei's best. I don't see the need to remove his claws though. They were always one of the coolest weapons in the game. I think throwing knives are a poor substitute, however, he does look a little bit like a ninja with that outfit and I guess the knives suit that theme if they're going for it.

On the other hand, I'm glad Ma Dai is getting a good weapon set for once. He always seemed like a chill character but his paint brush just annoyed me. I'm curious to see what Zhang Liao will wield now instead.

The other two seem relatively unchanged which is fine.
Lost
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:52 am

So the results of the Wei poll were:

3rd - Cao Cao
2nd - Zhuge Liao
1st - Xiahou Dun

Shu poll:

3rd - Guan Yu
2nd - Ma Chao
1st - Zhao Yun

I find it fascinating that Ma Chao is well-liked by the wider Koei fan-base when his so unpopular on sausage!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training