Need help remembering which DW I am thinking about

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Need help remembering which DW I am thinking about

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:35 am

Hey all, I have been going up and down Google for the past thirty minutes and have come up empty. I remember playing a Dynasty Warriors game where you can make an edit character and have him join a faction. You can fight for the faction starting as a lowly peon (with a limited moveset to start) and then work your way up the ranks. I remember that you would be approached by officers of different factions who would ask you to defect, you could agree, or have a fake defection plot etc.

Do any of you remember which Dynasty Warriors game this was in? Not sure why it suddenly popped in my head, I remember it being not perfect but I really liked that mode. Thanks in advance for your help.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Need help remembering which DW I am thinking about

Unread postby Rydain » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:40 am

That was Destiny Mode in DW5: Xtreme Legends. :D I loved that and wish it would come back in some form.
Rydain
Assistant

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:19 am

Ah, thank you so much. It was bothering me. I really loved that mode too. It had so much potential but I guess it wasn't popular enough. Ah, what could have been.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:51 am

That was fun, I loved the personalized officer comments as well
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:48 am

So as soon as Rydain let me know the title I went on my PS3, PS4 and my 360 trying to download this game. Sadly none of them have it, the 360 has DW5 Empires but not XL, alas. I wish my systems had backward compatibility, i would try to find a copy online and buy it just for nostalgia sake.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:38 am

For me, would do that with DT games I would do that for
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:46 am

It was called Legend mode right? One of the best things ever on a DW game! This is why I still own my PS2 with classics like DT2 and DW5:XL :D!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:12 pm

I was foolish enough to trade both DT and DT2 years ago...could never get them back :cry:
I also believe that the Destiny mode is the best additional mode in any warriors game that i played. I've heard that there's a ronin mode in sw4 or something like that. Wonder if it's the same as good old Destiny or a usual ambition type thing.
Retired...
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Ahhh, destiny mode is the right name! Tempted to go boot up my PS2 right now.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:41 am

Dong Zhou wrote:For me, would do that with DT games I would do that for

If you have a Playstation 3 you can purchase Dynasty Tactic's 2, I got it a while ago and have been enjoying it. Played through Lu Bu and Liu Bei's fictional storylines but have stalled while playing Sun Ce's. I think i played it a bit too much and I am temporarily burnt out, though also might be not looking forward to having to smack Liu Bei around :lol:
I liked a lot of the enhancements of DT2 and while it makes a lot of sense, I miss the fact that you could get almost any officer to defect with a good enough combo. I loved how in Dynasty Tactic's 1 I could get Yue Jin and Li Dian to join Liu Bei's forces in act 1 :lol:

Xiahou Jia: I have Samurai Warriors 4 and have done a few levels of that mode, it is quite different, basically so far seems to be small skirmish missions where you impress officers and get them to join your journey.

I would love them to make an updated Destiny Mode.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training