Dynasty warriors 8: Empires info

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty warriors 8: Empires info

Unread postby DragonAtma » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:15 am

Now, now -- Han Xuan was actually pretty competent, despite what the novel claimed. Did you know there's a worship hall for him in Changsha that still stands even in 2014?
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zorkaz » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:10 pm

The Edit Mode traditionally found in the Empire series now features even more new advancements.
With new editable parameters such as character facial contours, wrinkles, and facial hair, as well as new equipment and color variations, the custom character function has been greatly enhanced.

Just got this from the official page. Sounds good. :D
I just hope I have enough space to install it on the PS3
Zorkaz
Assistant

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:01 am

I like that we can finally customize our soldiers to some degree. I never liked that my soldiers armor color never really matched my custom character. it is a small thing, but something that I always wanted.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zorkaz » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:11 am

So it's out in the US. Has anyone played it? As European I'll have to wait 'til friday.
Zorkaz
Assistant

Unread postby Xin Hin » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:53 am

Zorkaz wrote:So it's out in the US. Has anyone played it? As European I'll have to wait 'til friday.

Alright, I just got the game and haven't gotten into it that deeply, but I'll point out some nice things I noticed:

Edit Mode.
1) Create a character, there's a BUTT TON of preunlocked armors, like armors from previous edit games, there's about like 30+ FULL SETS of armor/outfits unlocked, for males, haven't made any females yet, I assume the same.

2) The Empire mode plays out more like a ROTK10 version. You can be a ruler, an officer, or a free officer.

3) You can create your own horses (base type like hexmark/red hare, customizable hair mane color (but not full color, no blue skin horse, but it can have a blue mane and tail) and a few body shape slider bars)

4) "custom" troops, really, it's just "choose a troop model," change it's color, and edit their body type (like fat, skinny, muscular, height, arm length, ect)

5) a "custom unit" so you can make a unit of custom officers, assign them a custom horse, a custom banner, and a custom troop.
Xin Hin
Tyro

Unread postby Cao Ah Man » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Did they take character lines out after you capture a character? I can't tell if I captured an officer or not, it's kind of annoying :\. Or am I just missing something?
Cao Ah Man
Scholar

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:50 pm

There are no lines after capturing an officer.

And I never capture playable characters for some reason. Just a bunch of generics that my ruler then employs, negating any income gain through conquering provinces...
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Ah Man » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:38 am

Ugh, that's extremely annoying :\.

It's very helpful to know if you managed to capture an officer if only so you know for sure that Dragnet works, or that I finally managed to take Lu Bu out of the equation xD.
Cao Ah Man
Scholar

Unread postby VRMM » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:46 am

So can DLC costumes from 8 carry over on empires? Or do we only get default costumes?
VRMM
Tyro

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:40 am

I'm in Europe but I managed to get the game on Wednesday xD

Also i'm finding the game really easy, i'm playing on normal on a custom scenario (Rise of Heroes 1.1 by Lord_of_Europe :D) as Han Xuan, who I made a weak force, and within 1 hour I own half of the land and there is still no other real threat.

1 thing I don't like is when you take over a capital the whole kingdom goes which is a bit OP :(
LordSimaYi
Student

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training