Dynasty warriors 8: Empires info

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty warriors 8: Empires info

Unread postby Zorkaz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:52 am

Jordan wrote:
Gray Riders wrote:
Jordan wrote:I never understood the love for Yan Yan. He was some officer who got beaten by Zhang Fei and then never did anything else. I like the idea of non-generics for Liu Bei to fight during his battles against Liu Zhang, but I don't really see what other purpose Yan Yan serves.

He did something. I mostly remember him for cutting of a messengers ears and nose. Actually that doesn't speak for him and I just think I don't want him to be added anymore.

What they should do is to finally add He Jin, Yuan Shu an Ma Teng. That would be great.
Zorkaz
Assistant

Unread postby Jordan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Agreed on Yuan Shu and possibly Ma Teng. I'm not so keen on He Jin. He was killed pretty quickly and basically before the warlordism of the era really broke out. I've wanted Yuan Shu since forever though and think he'd be perfect for an Empires game. I feel like Empires is the perfect series to add new rulers/"other" characters because they don't have to put the effort of making a story for them. They just need to stick them in a territory.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:38 pm

I feel the new character should of been Sima Yan for two reasons:

1. He won the war, so it only makes sense to add him to an empires game, if any.

2. I think his rivalry with Jia Chong will work very well in DW9

I just hope at least Cheng Yu will be added soon.
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:58 pm

Rivalry with Jia Chong? Sima Yan let Jia Chong have of the place last I checked! Going so far as to have Jia Chong's diabolical daughter (who he Knew was a bad seed because of her previous actions while he was living!) become his retarded son's Empress. How could he have been so blind in this regard?

Sima Yan will likely be added when they're read to include the Fall of Wu including other heavy weights like Yang Hu, Lu Kang, Du Yu, and Sun Hao (if not more.)
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:17 am

Agreed with everything Xu Yuan stated, especially his proposed Jin/Late Wu characters.

I kinda want Luo Xian but I don't think it will happen.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:21 am

Going to quote what I said at koei warriors about the blast figures

Zou Shi: I assume the aunt of Zhang Xiu one. I can see an angle or two that works: A widow (I can't see how koei can do her in DW without acknowledging that detail) which is something new if they use it. The split loyalties between her lover and her nephew, enhancing Zhang Xiu if he is ever added, a ways (even if her ending will always be happy) they can play the "widow, has night with Cao Cao which leads to tragedy, reunited" (I'm assuming reunited as not sure how to spin it happy otherwise)

So potentially better then I would fear however given Cao Cao has Bian, would be a sad sad pick for what it denies. An affair with him married to Bian could work but would make her very one off, not sure how to make that happy for all three, and koei doesn't believe in hankie pankie outside marriage.

Yan Yan: NOOOOOOOOOOO. Honourable, gets beaten by Zhang Fei, in the novel hangs around with Huang Zhong in a battle or two as they are both old. Of the Liu Zhang/Shu ones that people are likely to think about, probably the most famous and the least useful add. Really hope they don't take this one up into main game.

Xiahou Shi: Outside of Lady Gan/Mi, possibly the one good lady add Shu has left particularly since koei have shown reluctance to exploit Xing Cai's Wei connections. Rework the kidnap into a whirlwind romance, tragedy at the end of it, gives quite a few characters someone else to play off.

Xu Shi: Her actions at such a young age, and coping with the infamy before her plot was finished, was impressive. Might even make an XL stage. How DW would fit her and her story (she mourns, arranges plot and then vanishes from history) into the main narrative, who she would bounce off are big questions. Young widow might be an angle, calm headed plotter also.

Not a fan of adding her myself when Wu still has stronger female candidates.

Sun Yi: Got personality though someone (Xu Shi?) would have to take Zhu Zhi role as a restrainer. Got relations though how the Quan vs Yi dynamic works with "We are Family" thing is a question and will need some inventiveness. Lacks battles and dies early.

His add would bring fears of Zhao Ang and any of Cai Wenji's adds, of male spouses. Would bring me hope of Xun CanxLady Cao I suppose.

Xu Sheng: Would be a fine add. Just never really appeals to me, perhaps lacks a persona.

Sima Hui: A neutral wise old teacher might have worked if they didn't have mystic Zuo Ci. Also I don't trust to make him hero-worship Shu and without individual musou modes, not sure how the neutral thing would work. So no to him.

I'm assuming these aren't going to be DW adds to be honest.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Jordan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:04 am

Opinions:

Zou Shi: Whatever. I guess she's alright. She's not really a character I am particularly interested in. I also would have preferred Lady Bian. However, she's not the worst they could do.

Yan Yan: Zhang Fei Rape Victim #1. Stupid addition to the game. He did absolutely nothing of worth historically except get pounded by Zhang Fei. The only reason I find him remotely interesting is because he appears as a rival enemy during Liu Bei's battles with Liu Zhang, which could use more development. However, they could have easily stuck Wu Yi or Wu Ban in there instead and they already have Fa Zheng...

Xiahou Shi: Zhang Fei Rape Victim #2. I don't see the point in her at all. They might develop some kind of Xiahou Ba relationship with her but as I don't really care for DW's Xiahou Ba, that doesn't really intrigue me much. Maybe I'm being too hard on the female characters but I just feel like if they're going to add somebody, they might as well add somebody of worth.

In terms of female characters for Shu-Han, Lady Gan would be the most interesting character they add but it probably won't happen because Koei is too intent on building up a lovey-dovey relationship between SSX and Liu Bei (barf). It's more likely that we'll see Ma Yunlu who, although fictional, could end up being somewhat interesting. I'd rather see her, despite being fictional, than Zhang Fei Rape Victim #2.

Lady Xu: Whatever

Sun Yi: I don't understand what people see in him. I remember I glanced at that Koei Warriors thread and somebody said they had always wanted Sun Yi. That pissed me off. Why would they want him? He's just Sun Ce's loser brother who got passed over for succession. Then he was murdered in an assassination plot. He has to be one of the most uninteresting people I can think of in Wu. When there are characters like Pan Zhang, Jiang Qin, Quan Anything, Lu Kang, Zhuge Jin, Zhuge Ke and so on, why on earth would they decide to add Sun Yi? There are even characters from the Sun family that would be more interesting than him. But nah, I guess there are actually people who have always wanted Sun Ce's crappy brother.

Xu Sheng: One of the best Wu generals. The fake wall strategy he did was one of the most brilliant of the era I feel. I have nothing against Xu Sheng and think he's the only good character they are adding.

Sima Hui: Why?
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:34 am

What about Chen Deng or Chen Gui?
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:25 pm

I assumed Sun Yi's fan-base was wife related

Human5 wrote:What about Chen Deng or Chen Gui?

Not on the Blast thing. Gui was ageing and without massive indepth camapigns on Lu Bu, probably not worth adding. Chen Deng's career outside of Lu Bu would make him a pretty solid add in my view
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Zorkaz » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Just a small idea: Adding bow quivers to the accessory slot would be nice.
I hope they won't add anything silly like the tons of glasses like in DW7E
Zorkaz
Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training