Dynasty warriors 8: Empires info

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty warriors 8: Empires info

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:42 am

LordSimaYi wrote:
1 thing I don't like is when you take over a capital the whole kingdom goes which is a bit OP :(

5: Empires was like that but after you united China you started to be able to change game functions, maybe it's like that?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:27 pm

That doesn't always happen, I have had times when I took over a capital if there is a prefect controlling another area they will take over and become their own ruiler. Of course they only have a small area and tend to be weak.

I started off as a free officer in the Dong Zhuo scenario on normal. I wanted a bit of a challenge so I joined Yuan Shu. I figured that Cao Cao, Yuan Shao and Sun Ce would give me trouble, and Dong himself. Sadly Dong Zhuo got carved up pretty quickly and Sun Ce got conquered by Yan Baihu. I was able to absorb most of Dong Zhou and Cao Cao and Yuan Shao spent so much time competing with each other that neither grew that much. Eventually i gained more and more ranks within Yuan Shu's army until I was Marshall. Then after we had taken over half the country Yuan Shu retired and named me ruler. I was a bit surprised as I wasn't planning on being ruler but after that I rolled over most of the other groups

In the end it was Yan Baihu and Wang Lang who were my last opponents each with 3 territories, they fell pretty quickly. After I took over their capitals their second in commands took the rest of their lands and oppose me but they were so weak that it only delayed things a few turns.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zorkaz » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:23 pm

OMG it's on Steam! Has anyone played it on PC?
Zorkaz
Assistant

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:50 pm

Yeah, I'm playing it on PC. Currently trying to figure out some modding stuff though.

Is there anything you want to know?
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zorkaz » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:26 pm

Yes, I'm curious if my current PC can run it, but I have to try it out myself. Modding is the main reason I want to play it on PC. Just having the ability to swap out the weapons, without affecting the moveset, would be great. The downside is that I can't transfer my DW7E characters to DW8E...
Zorkaz
Assistant

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:43 pm

As far as modding goes, we're still at the beginning. We know how to edit horses, do a few things on CAWs (like setting Way of Life, which is not possible in vanilla english Empires) and make specific officers unavailable in custom scenarios (in-game, you can only turn off whole groups of officers off, like all playables or all generics).
If you're curious, you could go to the KoeiWarriors forums. There's a modding thread in the DW8 section where two users named Lavos and ArchbishopDave and I post our findings.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:02 pm

Two quick questions.
*Can your fellow officers actually do anything or are you carrying the entire battle personally per the norm? Basically, can you outthink the enemy tactically and rely on your officers to win fights if you arrange them properly?
*How does it control on PC? Will I need to use a controller to avoid it being a nightmare or does it map well enough to a keyboard and mouse?
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shozuhn » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:29 pm

Thinking about getting this... but Idk... Does anyone who has this think it's different enough from DW7E to warrant a buy?
Shozuhn
Initiate

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:51 am

Gray Riders wrote:Two quick questions.
*Can your fellow officers actually do anything or are you carrying the entire battle personally per the norm? Basically, can you outthink the enemy tactically and rely on your officers to win fights if you arrange them properly?
*How does it control on PC? Will I need to use a controller to avoid it being a nightmare or does it map well enough to a keyboard and mouse?

Your fellow officers are rather meh and rely on you to win the battle. Now I haven't sat there and waited to see if my allies could win but there was one mission where as a free officer I was aiding Liu Bei against an invasion by Cao Cao and maybe it is because of the number difference but Liu Bei's forces were getting slaughtered, even with my assistance we couldn't win. (I was level 1 and wasn't causing much damage)

If your force greatly outnumbers the enemy your allies can probably win on their own, but I doubt they can without a clear advantage.

As for Shozuhn's question, to be honest it is very similar to 7, and to be really honest the bases in 7 are better then the bases in 8. As in with this game every base is essentially a group of guyes standing around a small pillarish looking thing while in 7 there were actual fortified bases. This game is a step down in that regard. The strategies are a bit different and tend to be less overpowered. You cannot just ride into an enemy base and summon some elite soldiers and then light the entire place on fire.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Ah Man » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:43 am

They just released a new patch; but the patch notes are incredibly vague.

Can anyone provide examples of what they mean for some of them; like "modified and improved" dialogue? The capture requirements, etc?
Cao Ah Man
Scholar

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training