Dynasty warriors 8: Empires info

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Dynasty warriors 8: Empires info

Unread postby -zhoutai- » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:31 am

So with the announcement of Dynasty warriors 8: Empires, I thought I'd create this thread to feed on the scraps on information we can gather. So far I've seen, customisable flags and soldiers and a more elaborate marriage system.

The Empires entries in the series are my personal favourites and I can't wait until Autumn!
-zhoutai-
Apprentice

Re: Dynasty warriors 8: Empires info

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:38 pm

We'll also get one new character, who is likely going to be Xun Yu.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zorkaz » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:37 pm

I really hope there'll be an option to add relationships and birthdates in CAW. I really missed this feature from ROTK XI.
Zorkaz
Assistant

Unread postby -zhoutai- » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:41 am

So Xun Yu is confirmed... on the relationships I have heard rumours of marriages and randomly generated chikdren, not sure how true that is. Marriages were of course present in previous iterations, I'm hard pushed to imagine children being in the game in any capacity (other than the historically authentic ones).
Last edited by -zhoutai- on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
-zhoutai-
Apprentice

Unread postby Zorkaz » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:41 am

Marriages were somehow present, but in a way that let Sun Ce marry his sister. (At least that's the way it is in DW 6 Empires)
Also you couldn't set relationships in the edit section, that's what I mean...
But I think everyone who played ROTK XI is missing all those cool and complex features from it's edit section.

Also another feature I wish for: Creating an old looking woman in Edit Mode
Zorkaz
Assistant

Unread postby -zhoutai- » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:05 am

Yeah it was only included in a rudimentary fashion, it has been basically like a 'best friend' mechanic, rather than anything interesting and dynamic, as it could be.

I've never played ROTK before, I enjoy creating alternate history, in games such as total war and paradox titles; so it would be good to create a family that had an impact on three kingdoms, rather than just one character.

The mentor system used in DW5XL's destiny mode would be welcome !
-zhoutai-
Apprentice

Unread postby Jordan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:55 am

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/musoublast/

These characters are not Dynasty Warriors Empires characters but are appearing in a game called Dynasty Warriors Blast. However, I wonder if Koei plans to maybe add them to Empires as well?

Edit: Seems to be Xun Yu (appearing in Empires), Xiahou Whatever, Xu Sheng, I dunno and Yan Yan.

I'm not sure what compelled Koei to add two rape victims of Zhang Fei to Shu-Han.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zorkaz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:12 am

I hope it's Yan Yan, since I've been longing for that character.
(Although Yan Yan and Huang Zhong are somehow very similar to each other.)
Zorkaz
Assistant

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:52 pm

Jordan wrote:I'm not sure what compelled Koei to add two rape victims of Zhang Fei to Shu-Han.

I know about Xiahou Yuan's daughter, but who's the other one?
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:25 pm

Gray Riders wrote:
Jordan wrote:I'm not sure what compelled Koei to add two rape victims of Zhang Fei to Shu-Han.

I know about Xiahou Yuan's daughter, but who's the other one?

Yan Yan. :lol:

I am not really happy with either of the Shu-Han inclusions. I can see how they'd do something with Xiahou Whatever and Xiahou Ba, maybe, but my problem with that is that I don't like DW's Xiahou Ba. I do love Xiahou Yuan in DW but I doubt he''ll have any part in Xiahou Whatever's story. He has no part in Xiahou Ba's story either despite being referenced a lot.

I never understood the love for Yan Yan. He was some officer who got beaten by Zhang Fei and then never did anything else. I like the idea of non-generics for Liu Bei to fight during his battles against Liu Zhang, but I don't really see what other purpose Yan Yan serves.

That all being said, these are not confirmed DW 8: Empires characters. However, if they're appearing on this Android/iWhatever game they'll probably be seen in future DWs, I reckon. This may or may not include DW8: Empires.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training