Future DW Ideas

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Future DW Ideas

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Pei Songzhi, Cheng Yuanzhi et al. being removed,

I... don't think Pei Songzhi (our beloved annotator) was a Yellow Turban, nor was he even Alive for another 100-some years after the Yellow Turbans, hehe.

Did you mean Pei Yuanshao or Deng Mao?

I'm not sure how well that idea would work... it would mean that generic officers are switched out for... other generic officers.

The Ten Eunuchs had been a stage in the past, and to my limited knowledge of the game is also present in DW8XL.
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby plunged » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:46 am

oops, hehe yea I meant Pei Yuanshao lol.

The Eunuchs stage was in DW5XL I believe. Didn't know it's in 8XL too.

Not only generics would be left out though... Koei has a habit of throwing in Xiahou Dun or Yuan Shao in the Yellow Turban stage. They would be gone. Liu Bei would be out of the Campaign against Dong Zhuo, as would Sishui Gate. The Campaign against Dong Zhuo will be more interesting when you play as Sun Jian, going through Hu Zhen+Lü Bu+Hua Xiong at Yangren, then Dong Zhuo outside Luoyang and Lü Bu within.

Stuff like that.
Please check out: Gongjin's Campaign Memorials: a Three Kingdoms Wiki.
Now with translations of: He Jin, Huangfu Song, Zhu Jun, Lu Zhi, Cheng Pu, Sima Shi, Lady Wang and many more.

Read Romance of the Three Kingdoms online (with corrected names)
plunged
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:19 am

That's a good point, most of Sun Jian's stuff... while awesome in the novel, isn't really shown, he was basically the entire driving force of the coalition. Though recent historical debate has gone on to whether Liu Bei was present with the coalition since Wang Can mentions him being there in his Records of Heroes, but yeah, he likely did not do any fighting. The only time I can think DW has shown Yuan Shao fighting the Yellow Turbans was in DW5 where he had a stage to himself (and Zhao Yun) where the two teamed up to drive the Yellow Turbans out of Ji, it was pretty neat. DW5 has been the only game with a relationship between Yuan Shao and Zhao Yun and as small as it is, I think its pretty good.
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Wouldn't that be a main story + what if for each of the 4/5 kingdoms, altering battle slightly for 3 characters per battle plus two versions of battle for each character? How would it play in the story as well if Guan Yu killing such and such is part of Shu story but in sgz mode, he doesn't?

I would love koei to do a campaign against Dong where Sun Jian is the big hero rather then Shu and Guan Yu.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:11 am

Add Pei Songzhi. He can be some future time traveler who goes around muddling up history so he can rewrite an "accurate" version that he creates himself based on his own twisted whims. :twisted:
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hussam » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:55 am

I think the repetitiveness of the series is now overtaking its more positive aspects and the poor AI isn't helping as well so I was thinking, why don't they change the formula ?
For example: Characters like Zhuge Liang, Sima Yi (the "intelligent" ones) can plan how armies in battle are deployed, what equipment they use, divisions of an army and who commands them, the general plan of action and how to execute it... etc
While characters such as Guan Yu, Xiahou Dun, Gan Ning (the warriors) can still maintain the hack n slash style with a few modifications.
I mean just give the players more unique ways to play the game, it gets sick killing 1000 soldiers with a fan!
عالندا الندا الندا و الورد مفتح ع خدا
و إن ما عطيوني ياكي يا جبال العالي لهدا
Hussam
Student

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:48 am

Hussam wrote:I think the repetitiveness of the series is now overtaking its more positive aspects and the poor AI isn't helping as well so I was thinking, why don't they change the formula ?
For example: Characters like Zhuge Liang, Sima Yi (the "intelligent" ones) can plan how armies in battle are deployed, what equipment they use, divisions of an army and who commands them, the general plan of action and how to execute it... etc
While characters such as Guan Yu, Xiahou Dun, Gan Ning (the warriors) can still maintain the hack n slash style with a few modifications.
I mean just give the players more unique ways to play the game, it gets sick killing 1000 soldiers with a fan!

This idea would work well in the Empires versions, something that I have wanted for a while to be honest.
In the main game however this would get in the way of most missions which are currently heavy with plot developments and mini missions.
In the last few games you are basically led by the nose by completing small missions one after another that lead to victory. Having the player modify army position, and strategy would destroy this stye of play. Which is why I suggested earlier in this post that your idea works very well for Empires mode cause it sounds good.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:07 pm

I agree with the games being repetitive, since even though I love the games, it's getting harder for me to get really into them, along with others like Samurai Warriors and other games that have the same kind of setup like One Piece Pirate Warriors and a few others.

What do you guys think of this game:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/17/dy ... y-battles/

It's nice to see a new DW game, and I always liked tactics styled games and strategy games in general, so it is a bit different and looks interesting.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:56 pm

Valvatorez wrote:I agree with the games being repetitive, since even though I love the games, it's getting harder for me to get really into them, along with others like Samurai Warriors and other games that have the same kind of setup like One Piece Pirate Warriors and a few others.

What do you guys think of this game:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/17/dy ... y-battles/

It's nice to see a new DW game, and I always liked tactics styled games and strategy games in general, so it is a bit different and looks interesting.

I do like the idea of a turn based strategy game based on the Three Kingdoms (I enjoyed both Dynasty Tactics games) and would probably buy this if it comes west.
I dislike the fact that the character models are DW 8 models with seemingly little modification though.
Also Zhao Yun's friend looks like he was made with the character editor from DW 8 empires :lol:

Seems interesting and I plan to keep an eye on it.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hussam » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:38 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:This idea would work well in the Empires versions, something that I have wanted for a while to be honest.
In the main game however this would get in the way of most missions which are currently heavy with plot developments and mini missions.
In the last few games you are basically led by the nose by completing small missions one after another that lead to victory. Having the player modify army position, and strategy would destroy this stye of play. Which is why I suggested earlier in this post that your idea works very well for Empires mode cause it sounds good.

I agree. But then at least make the main game more challenging ever since DW6 and the AI has become so dump and I'm mainly talking about the soldiers here.
DW4 for example had actually some decent AI with soldiers following with their attacks especially on the Hard setting, the only thing that changes with harder settings now is how many hits soldiers can take and how many damage their hits make and there are some weapons that definitely need changing, Guo Huai's weapon for example.
The duels were also a nice aspect of DW4, it would be nice to have that back.
عالندا الندا الندا و الورد مفتح ع خدا
و إن ما عطيوني ياكي يا جبال العالي لهدا
Hussam
Student

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training